Senior Nutrition Officer (MAMI) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Senior Nutrition Officer (MAMI)
Location: Aden with regular field visits to Abyan, Lahj, and Aldhalea’a
Reports to: Nutrition Specialist
Duration: Till September 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ADRA is recruiting a Senior Nutrition Officer (MAMI) to provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of Management of At-Risk Mothers and Infants (MAMI). This will be the first position of its kind with ADRA Yemen and will help to establish capacity in the MAMI methodology through ADRA’s USAID-funded Multisector and Nutrition Response (MANR) program.
The Senior Nutrition Officer (MAMI) will provide MAMI technical expertise, mentorship, and guidance to ADRA’s MANR nutrition and health staff/volunteers, while also helping to establish knowledge and credibility of the approach with other implementing partners in country.
The “Senior Nutrition Officer (MAMI)” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise, mentorship, and guidance to ADRA staff/volunteers and partners on the management of nutritionally vulnerable infants, specifically the Management of At-Risk Mothers and Infants (MAMI) approach.
- Participate in technical trainings provided to ADRA by MAMI experts from the General Nutrition Cluster on the MAMI Care Pathway Package, Version 3 and other relevant MAMI capacity building.
- Incorporate the MAMI Care Pathway Package, Version 3 into ADRA’s MANR health and nutrition programming.
- Contribute to MAMI learning agenda through design of monitoring and evaluation systems and synthesizing, documenting and disseminating program learning through publications, presentations, and trainings.
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in SC/OTP/SFP.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedure are accurately carried out and documented in the patients’ cards
- Mentor the Nutrition Officers, and Health Facilities staff to handle patients with acute malnutrition as per protocol.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health and nutrition workers in targeted health facilities on case detection and referral system.
- Participate in nutrition sector activities planning and roll-out of program activities in the targeted areas.
- Collaborate with other health and nutrition stakeholders in Yemen to share information and promote the MAMI approach.
- Conduct regular field visits to observe MAMI and program nutrition activities in the targeted health facilities, document the gaps and make recommendations to improve the services in the targeted health facilities.
- Attend monthly meetings and other facilitated discussions on health and nutrition as needed.
- Prepare monthly report for the MAMI activities and support Nutrition Specialist to compile monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports.
- Perform other related duties as required from the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 3 years’ experience in nutrition and/or public health.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, medicine, public health is required.
- Advanced level of technical knowledge, skills, and international experience in a related field of public health to provide technical advice and guidance related to the management of nutritionally at-risk infants and their mothers (i.e., Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Newborn Care, Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM).
- Demonstrated experience and high acceptability in working with government, clusters, NGOs, and donors.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working across multiple sectors.
- Excellent English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Reporting Skills are Required.
- Willingness/ability to travel to field locations including challenging environments.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل