Ended Health Information System Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
Health Information System Officer Reference ID: R13/2018
Duty Station: Sana'a Gov, Al-Baidha Gov
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Design format for field data collection and to ensure all health information is consolidated and represented in to facilitate analysis. Monitoring the progress of the program against the target. Facilitating all Human resources related activities for health workers, with full coordination with program coordinator to ensure capacity building plan is done and implemented.
Key areas of accountability:
- Help the program coordinator in training the new staff in health information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Revise and enter weekly and monthly report into health data base and platform and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyze health information data per each program, illustrates the achievement for each month and quarter, and presented in monthly program meeting beside updated in the monthly health newspaper.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revise the reports before submission of monthly reports and databases.
- With support from the Health Coordinator develop Individual monthly and or quarterly plans for refresher trainings and on job coaching of facility staff.
- Urgently inform the Health coordinator of any disease outbreaks and consult on the mitigation plan.
- Build the capacity of the health office key staff on how to generate and use HIS data collected from the health facilities.
- With coordination with program coordinator to fellow all human resource needs for health staff. Like ( ID card, Emails, medical insurance.) with focal person for HR.
- Prepare the payment sheet for incentive staff and volunteers in monthly basis and submitted to Finance.
- Help program coordinator in organizing and conducting all technical trainings need by the program.
- Analyze the data and prepare monthly report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advise on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the HNC.
- To help in conducting health surveys and assessments staring from planning up to data analysis and assessment report.
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Any other tasks assigned by lien manager.
- Bachelor Degree in computer sciences or IT, medical background will be an essential.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring and Evaluation and beneficiary accountability
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ARD. In particular, a good understanding of the ARD mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian health.
- Experience of working on Health programmers in emergencies and epidemic outbreaks
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.