Ended Health Mobilization Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
Health mobilization officer: Reference ID: R14/2018:
Duty Station: Sana'a Gov, Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Health mobilization officer:
The Health mobilization officer will be responsible for selecting and supporting community health volunteers (CHVs); assist Community Health Manager in training and supervising CHVs. S/he will also promote collaboration and linkages between the mobile team/health facilities and the displaced people and surrounding communities through the formation of a network of community resources people. In addition, the HMO is jointly responsible with HM for sensitizing the communities and supporting them in identifying main health problems and help those devising appropriate course of action to address their health problems.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Select CHVs as per set criteria from the identified communities and facilitate mapping of the community health actors, help HM in assessing training needs and organizing training sessions
- Supervise and provide on the job training to CHVs, review and evaluate the performance of the CHVs.
- Implement the community health services package devised by the Ministry of Health (MOH) in coordination with partners and monitor its implementation
- Guide the CHV’s in the implementation of the set action plans. Conduct weekly supervisory meeting with CHVs. Conduct regular visits to the CHVs in their communities to assess and assist in their work.
- Assist with the formation of community health committees.
- Identify and report immediately to the HM any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives. Monitor progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays.
Required qualification and experience
- Technical diploma or degree in medical or social development or community mobilization fields required
- Minimum three years professional experience in implementing and supervising community health volunteers and community mobilization projects
- Proven ability in designing community mobilization, sensitization and awareness raising activities
- Good training and capacity building skills
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.