Ended Pharmacist Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
Pharmacist Officer , Reference ID: R16/2018:
Duty Station:. Sana'a Gov, Al-Baidha Gov
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Under overall guidance and supervision of health Project officers and health Coordinator, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol.
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapies..
Key areas of accountability:
- Guarantees the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensures that projects’ pharmacies are organized and managed properly.
- Participates in the setup of new pharmacies in the health facilities and defines how they should be run.
- Ensures the information flow the other members of the team concerning stock levels, pharmacy management and prescriptions.
- Oversees the monitoring of equipment with the logistics and finance teams.
- Manages donations and the destruction of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Manages the emergency stock and emergency boxes (relating to international and national staff health).
- In collaboration with the medical coordinator, defines the contents of, organizes and manages the stock pre-positioned in the capital.
- Ensuring that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and supplies in the targeted health facilities from the available stock.
- Collection and Preparation of Monthly consumption and warehouse reports.
- Ensure Proper GIK management.
Medical supply and orders
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensures there is a supply process for medicines and medical material in the project that functions properly (procedures, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantees respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Basic principle: the medical order must be prepared by the persons in charge of pharmacies in the projects and their health coordinator, in collaboration with the health officer.
- Assists the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensures that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead-time, quantities, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or program manager or technical manager.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for program staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Bachelor Degree in pharmacology.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in pharmacy management
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Experience in Computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong experience in GIK management.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.