Cashier This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Cashier
- Grade: C3
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: Finance Officer
- Duty Station: YRCS HQ
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
1. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Since 2007, the Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Yemen in a strong bilateral partnership with the YRCS. The partnership has supported the organization's branch development, as well as its operations in health, psychosocial support (PSS), disaster management/preparedness and WASH. DRC is currently leading the implementation of DG ECHO funded PROGRAMMATIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME (PPP) focusing in health and WASH in two governorates (Sayon and Dhamar) with the support of other movement partners (GRC, NRC, IFRC and YRCS).
The Cashier will be responsible for providing finance related support to program team in implementation of the program.
3. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles cash transactions between staff and branches with finance dept.
- Informs the staff about the working advance and the clearance needs.
- Providing support on financial/working advance for any workshop and trainings conducted at the headquarters
- Adhere to the YRCS regulation like transport fees, per diem and other benefits
- Follow up with respective staff on pending working advance
- Follow up the bank issues and exchange rate
- Carry out payment voucher and receipt voucher
- Prepare the cash book and bank book in monthly basis for programme
- Provide monthly report to her/his line manager
- Any other tasks requested by his/her line manager (finance officer)
4. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- University education in accounting or similar knowledge learned.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with international accounting procedures
- Familiar with one or more accounting systems
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- Good spoken and written in English – required
- Good computer (Office i.e. excel, word, power point presentation) skills – required
5. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Honest and open to constructive feedback
- Good organizational skills
- Cooperative attitude
- Flexibility to adjust to the organizational needs and constraints, and to the needs of the recipients
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and work well as individual as well as a part of the team work
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل