Ended Health Coordinator
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
Health Coordinator , Reference ID: R17/2018
Duty Station: Sana'a Gov, Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
Under overall guidance and supervision of health Program Manager, the Health Program Coordinator will support the daily operational management of FP activities in the assigned health facilities, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate the reproductive health services delivery according to national protocol..
Key areas of accountability:
- Under the direct guidance of health manager, ensure the effective management and development of the Emergency health programmers assessment, monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation and programme and within the framework of the overall SC emergency response.
- Led on the day-to-day implementation of Health programs in Amran field office.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities in compliance with the defined project and Country Strategy as well as SCI and donor guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in health activities. Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordance with humanitarian relief and MOH guidelines. (MISP, SPHERE ..etc)
- Representation of SC at health working group/ sub cluster and government meetings at sub filed locations.
- Leading, in coordination with the relevant departments, the monthly Budget vs. Actual (BvA) meeting and liaise regularly with H&N Manager and Finance to monitor project spending.
- Provide technical support to SC staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the Health programmes.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Conduct weekly meeting with Health team, Community mobilization Officer, HIS officer, and Pharmacist Officer and reproductive Health officer to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for the staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development. Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the programme through participatory approach in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored in daily basis to fulfil required indicators of the program.
- To maintain and strengthen established links with NGOs, and other agencies including government ministries and agencies.
- Identify program supplies need and perform drug and stock management of medicine including planning, storage, and transport in close coordination with logistic team.
- Maintain working relationship with relevant host government ministries, UN agencies, International and local non-governmental health organizations and for Health programme.
- Work to enhance integration of multi-sectoral activities with other sectors such as WASH to increase impact.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with SCI and donor regulations and procedures.
- Undertaking field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to regularly monitoring the progress of activities.
- Ensure proper GIK management.
- Ensure proper community Mobilization on using the family planning methods.
- Preparing periodic project narrative and financial reports are delivered, according to SCI and donor requirements.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team in carrying out assessments and evaluations.
- Comply with SC policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian health .
- Experience of working on Health programs in emergencies and epidemic outbreaks
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.