Ended M&E Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
M&E Officer, Reference ID: R19/2018
Duty Station Sana'a Gov, Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for reporting and M&E activities
- Collate and managed medical databases professionally: data collection, insertion, data processing analysis and report writing.
- Support the Project Manager/Health supervisor with timely weekly, monthly, mid-yearly and yearly reports and trend analysis: data, statistics, graphics and table should be produced, as required by ARD management; support ARD in the preparation of reports and matrixes.
- Support the Project Manager/Health Supervisor with the compilation of the Quick Impact Project monitoring reports and processing these for the donor.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; a demonstrated ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with staff members at various levels of the organization and engage with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Experience organizing and delivering training workshops
- Translate any documents related to the activities implementation when requested.
- Conduct beneficiary and community satisfaction surveys on a random sample of patients visiting the mobile clinics location through FGDs in order to collect feedback on the services delivered.
- Will be responsible for receiving and recording complaints from beneficiaries through a hotline number.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism and security of data and data sources, particularly in sensitive environments; ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and a flexible attitude.
- Work in collaboration with the fixed health team members to achieve ARD and MoPHP goals.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Create, test, and utilize data collection instruments as needed.
- Perform data collection and analysis according to the project and work plan.
- Maintain secure database with all project monitoring data particularly HIS.
- Provide data to staff to assist in decision-making and advocacy efforts.
- Facilitate ongoing programmatic adaptation, learning, and synthesis of best practices.
- Provide substantive guidance on quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct training and coaching for project staff to build technical M&E skills, as well as an appreciation for and ongoing use of M&E data for effective implementation.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by ARD internal rules and guidelines and respect ARD Charter of Value and Code of Ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or other related health fields
- At least 2+ years in designing or implementing M&E processes, or a combination of training and experience in health programs in emergency/relief context.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs in Yemen and health sector and more so in emergency response programming.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
- Strong Microsoft package skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Power-point)
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.