Ended Liaison and Security Assistant
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
Liaison and Security Assistant , Reference ID: R20/2018:
Duty Station: sana'a, Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with government authorities, community groups, NGOs to better plan and coordinate base activities;
- Attend government and NGO meetings, regular meetings with the MOPIC, MOI, Governors and other authorities as requested by area coordination;
- Initiate information-gathering meetings with other actors in Albaidha, Sana’a area as requested by area and country coordination;
- Represents ARD on donor meetings in absence of the Area Coordinator and Program Officer;
- Responsible for obtaining movement and program implementation clearances from local authorities at governorate (and if needed at central) level, by preparing the weekly permits in accordance with program and logistics plans and requirements;
- Follow up with Sanaa liaison the status of the sub-agreement for the ongoing project to ensure access and safety of the staff and liaising with the local authorities to have the sub agreements signed on time;
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security and movement plan (s);
- Acts as Security Focal Point for the base;
- Assist in planning, coordinating and executing evacuations and reallocations involving ARD staff;
- Perform security assessments, both routine and those required to ensure security of ARD staff;
- Maintain office security by conducting physical security inspections of facilities and vehicles, if possible background checks, and entry control;
- Maintain standing lines of communication with ARD capital security officer;
- Organize and maintain base files on security issues (assessments, security plans)
- Ensure that the staff are aware of the safety and security rules and evacuation plan;
- Send weekly security reports.
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences:
- University degree preferably in political/social science, international relations, law enforcement and/or business management (with a focus on security management).
- Minimum 2-year experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- An established network of contacts amongst local authorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Leadership and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point) required.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.