Ended Health Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development “ARD” is a non-government organization that working in relief and development in Yemen. It is one of the most effective NGOs in Yemen which has several branches around the country. ARD contribute significantly during the last eight years to minimize the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and also to enhance the country development.
ARD announces the availability of the following vacancies and encourage all qualified candidates to submit their CV before the deadline.
HEALTH OFFICER- Reference ID: 21/2018
Duty Station: Sana'a, Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 6 Months, renewable based of funding availability
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
• Under supervision of the Project manager, work in close coordination with
GHO, Health institutions and other relevant stakeholders in the
districts to ensure implementation of the activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all Health activities in the project locations and will report to Program Manager and health sub cluster.
• Follow up the implementation of the project activities by the field coordinators and quality control supervisors and through field visit.
• Participate on the authorities, inter-agency coordination and clusters meetings at targeted governorates level
• Assist in develop work plans, recruitment plans, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
• Work to ensure use and respect of health protocols through observation and supervision of health staff and the daily reports.
• Work closely with the program and operation team to determine the training needs of staff and organize remotely.
• Manage and work with M&E unit to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
• Assist in the compilation of data for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports with the M&E unit.
• Narrative Monthly reports to the project Manager about the achievements in the project and the challenges
• Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets.
• Regularly update project manager on progression of programs as per protocol .
• Liaise closely with local authorities, health cluster at the level of the targeted governorates and partner agencies to ensure project compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
• Collaborates with field coordinator to ensure development of effective communication materials for raising the awareness through the our health staff in the hospital and strategies to support advocacy, social mobilization and emergency efforts in health program
• Document best success stories from the project with the Quality control officer and M&E team and share with the project manager in order to exchange with the donor (3 success stories per month)
• Work to establish complaints mechanisms and activate feedback systems during all stages of the program cycle using all possible means such as hotline, fixed number and SMS text that all beneficiaries can call at any time.
• Urgent response to the complaints and document all the complaints with there response to them and sending the documents to BFD weekly.
• Provide technical guidance to ensure use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supervision of medical and paramedics staff.
• Observe and supervise the work of medical and paramedical staff to detect the gab in the work and give them in job training according to the national guidelines (IMCI, EPI, CMAM ..etc)
• Ensure that all program activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and MOH requirements.
• Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for HF staff.
• Actively represent BFD by attending cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the projects at the level of targeted governorates
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of -Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
• In cooperation with HR Manager, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
• Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the SMT, HR and Finance.
• Supervise the day-to-day health staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
• Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours
• Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
• Maintains frequent communication with project manager to ensure that program activities and objectives are communicated.
• Works with logistics staff to ensure the coordination of project supplies are within budgeted targets.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A medical doctor with high qualification in Public Health (preferred) National or International Development and/or in a relevant field of study.
• Commitment to working with marginalized and disadvantaged group of people, remote areas.
• Experience in MNCH, IMCI, EPI&CMAM and communications and health governance and social accountability.
• Knowledge of the community health system of government
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Proven experience delivering training and capacity building in behavior change communication in MNCH and health governance.
• Excellent report writing and data analysis skills.
• Computer skills on MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to HR@alatta.org.ye latest by 19th Oct 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- In order to consider the email, please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: job reference ID and job title. For more details please click here
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked with ARD.