Ended Nutrition Officer
Position: Nutrition officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till July 21, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Nutrition officer is responsible for supporting all nutrition activities at Hajjah governorate. Nutrition Officer will be responsible for providing technical support and supervision to the field teams; contributing to reporting and data collection; initiating leading monitoring visits to supported facilities. The Nutrition Officer will support operational research in the area and will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Planning and Coordination
- To closely coordinate and collaboration MoPHP (Governorate Health Coordinator, District Health Managers, District Nutrition Supervisors), local authorities and other key stakeholders to ensure effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project.
- Working as a team with other RI nutrition project staffs and other support departments (HR, Finance, Security and Admin).
- Support operational research within the project.
- Actively participate in the identification and management of any disaster or epidemics
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Support the management of the nutrition programmes including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building for the field teams and MoPHP health care workers.
- Ensure CMAM and Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) scale-up in close collaboration with MoPHP and other key partners and that the implementation conform to internationally accepted standards and country guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance and oversight of CMAM implementation by MoPHP/RI hired health workers at targeted health facilities though On-Job-Training, mentorship and regular supervision with an aim of capacity building them to ensure all nutrition registers and records are correctly done
- Implementation of project activities according to the project proposal document and log-frame guided by agreed work-plans and as guided by line supervisor.
- Support the systematic delivery of Nutrition education messages to the target programme beneficiaries and the entire community.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits and random spot check to all the targeted health facilities to ensure consistency of provision of nutrition and health services.
- Participating in and/or leading nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required in our areas of operation as requested by line supervisor
- To behave at all times in a manner which positively promotes RI and its work in operation areas during implementation process.
- To assess the training needs of health care workers in regard to implementation of nutrition activities in all the targeted health facilities and timely reporting to line supervisor for necessary action.
- Help set objectives for the staff reporting to him/her and review them regularly to ensure they are achieved.
- Ensure project targets are met using indicator / activity tracking table
- Ensure the community based activities such as EPI, nutrition screening, nutrition education and defaulter tracing are done properly.
Report Preparation & Submission
- Technically support Health Workers in the targeted health facilities to prepare all monthly nutrition reports, collection, compilation and submission to line supervisor on timely manner.
- Assist line supervisor in compilation and submission on timely manner both RI and other donor reports i.e. Nutrition Cluster Statistical Database, monthly progress report, Stock Report, Quarterly/Annual donor reports and other.
- Assist line supervisor in compilation of both RI and donor narrative reports to ensure set deadline are strictly adhered to.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the line manager and the rest of the project team on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
- Prepare and submit monthly project case studies/success stories to showcase project achievements and contribution of project in saving lives in your project areas.
- Compile documentation of best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the line supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in medicine.
- At least two years’ work experience in nutritional field with an International NGO.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Very good written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English, clearly specifying the position they are applying for, to email@example.com by midnight October 20, 2019. Any application without clear subject indicate to the reference number and the location of the Position that he/she wants to apply for in the advert will be excluded.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted