Position: Nutrition Information System (NIS) Officer
Reports to: Senior MIS Officer
Duration: Till July 21, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Nutrition Information System (NIS) Officer is responsible for ensuring that all nutrition information is organized and kept in proper way, help in facilitating all Human resources related activities for nutrition workers, with full coordination with program coordinator to ensure capacity building plan is done and implemented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all NIS staff for the nutrition project including recruitment, trainings, regular performance evaluations, management, general well-being, job descriptions, work schedules, discipline etc. in co-ordination with the coordinator, sr. coordinator and in accordance with save the children HR policies and guidelines.
- Training of newly inducted staff on NIS, and excel based CMAM data base. Refresher trainings for existing staff as needed.
- Data from the field to be collected, compiled, analyzed and corrected before further sharing.
- Follow-up with Field staff on Program trends and routine program data and giving feedback for improvements.
- Compilation of the stock reports, call forwards etc.
- Updating of all type of internal and external reporting like PRs, 3 Ws, DoH reports, beneficiary targets and achievements etc.
- The Nutrition Information System (NIS) and other nutrition reporting tools remain functional.
- The Program data is updated at all times and is readily available for quick reference.
- Compilation of CMAM/IYCF success stories from the field.
- Coordination with MOH, UNCEF, WFP, WHO and any other stakeholders involved in nutrition at district and provincial level and calls for ad hoc meetings when necessary.
- Coordinates with the health and nutrition authorities at UC/district level
- To participate in preparing different NIS reports and analysis presentations required for the management
- Should build and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, external partners and supporters
- Any other tasks as ordered by his supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in medicine.
- At least two years’ work experience in nutritional field with an International NGO.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Very good written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English, clearly specifying the position they are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight October 20, 2018. Any application without clear subject indicate to the reference number and the location of the Position that he/she wants to apply for in the advert will be excluded.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.