Internal Audit Officer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development – Yemen (SMED Unit)
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
Duration: Full Time
No. of Posts: ( 2 )
Reporting to Head of the SMED Unit
The Small and Micro Enterprise Development (SMED) Unit is responsible for the implementation of the SMED program in the Social Fund for Development (SFD). The SMED Unit is concerned with poverty reduction by helping Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector expand and create jobs. This is achieved by supporting the institutional and financial capacity of its partnering Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) so that they are able to provide both financial and non-financial services to Micro, Small and Medium entrepreneurs in a sustainable way. In addition, SMED plays a major role in developing financial inclusion in Yemen, and is active in attracting and assisting new players to join the sector.
As such, the SMED Unit seeks the services of two qualified Internal Auditors to carry out the following tasks:
1. Participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual review and internal audit plan, with the aim of measuring and improving the correctness and integrity of all administrative and financial functionalities related to the operations of the SMED Unit and its partnering MFIs, according to best practices and standards of internal audit.
2. Ensure that all MFIs operations are in compliance with SMED policies, procedures, agreements and internal and external binding liabilities.
3. Review and improve the internal control systems and procedures applied in SMED and MFIs, and provide recommendations for improvement.
4. Design and implement audit procedures in both the SMED Unit and its partnering MFIs in accordance with international standards for internal auditing.
5. Propose measures to correct imbalances and raise work efficiency and effectiveness in both the SMED Unit and its partnering MFIs.
6. Develop annual internal audit reports within the SMED Unit, and report to the Head of the SMED Unit.
7. Prepare an internal audit report on every auditing mission to the MFIs under the SMED unit, and make recommendations to support the integrity and efficiency of their internal controls, and internal control systems, and detect any deviations in performance or procedures, both at the administrative and field levels.
8. Review the reports prepared by the external audit and control bodies (like the Certified Public Accountant, and other parties) on the operations of MFIs, and analyze any observations provided, respond to those reports, and follow-up the implementation of the observations and recommendations by the MFIs.
9. Review SMED reports and verify the validity of the inputs and outputs.
10. Review loans and grants agreements between SMED and its the partner organizations before they are signed to ensure their correctness.
11. Review the reports on the SMED Unit prepared by the external audits and control bodies, and analyze any observations provided, respond to those reports, and follow-up and report on the implementation of the observations and recommendations by the SMED unit.
12. Select, train, and supervise the members of the teams that perform the field auditing of clients in the partnering MFIs.
13. Participate in preparing and improving the internal audit charter and manual of the SMED Unit
14. Adhere to the internal audit code of conduct.
15. Participate in the formulation of the SMED Unit's annual plan.
16. Provide technical support and advice to the SMED Unit in financial and accounting matters.
17. Participate in preparing the TOR for external auditors, accountants, sand auditing and accounting trainers, and participate in their selection.
18. Participate in the training activities, conferences, meetings, and other activities organized by the SMED Unit and SFD, as required.
19. Perform any other work that maybe assigned by the SMED unit head.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. A master degree is preferred.
- Experience of 5 years of projects audit experience in NGOs – experience in microfinance sector or banking sector is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint applications, and good competency with the use of computers, in general.
- Good knowledge of an accounting software.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (both written and verbal) is required.
- Professional ethics: Promotes and applies professional work ethics.
- Internal audit management: Develops and manages the internal audit function.
- Governance, risk and control: Applies a thorough understanding of governance, risk and control appropriate to the MFIs.
- Persuasion and collaboration: Persuades and motivates others through collaboration and cooperation.
- Critical thinking: Applies process analysis, business intelligence and problem solving techniques.
- Personality: Mature, energetic, creative, dynamic, independent thinker, ability to manage stress, solve problems, make decisions, and bear responsibilities.
- Resilience: Ability to work under pressure and for long hours
- Communication skills: Strong written and oral skills, public relations, and organizational and leadership skills.
- Reporting: Possess the ability to produce accurate and precise strategies, working plans, and reports.
- Significant traveling to various regions across Yemen to carry out field audits will be required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل