Internal Auditor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Classification Level : Grade – D1
Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) HQ
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Chairman ( Secretary General in the absence of the Chairman)
Technical Manager’s Title
Duty Station: HQ ( Sana’a )
Duration of Assignment : Initially 12 Months
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
YRCS is currently seeking an objective, highly skilled internal auditor for Yemen Red Crescent Society. This person is expected to add value and optimize our operations through systematic and disciplined approach to maximizing the effectiveness of our risk management, control, and governance processes. Our ideal candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, a commitment to excellence, and a sound, data-driven sense of judgment. The internal auditor should have the skills and sensibilities vital to the successful performance of all duties regarding the full audit cycle, including risk management and control management of operational effectiveness and financial reliability. In addition, he/she is responsible for ensuring staff awareness and compliance to Fraud and corruption prevention policies. A deep commitment to compliance with all applicable directives and regulations is a must as well.
Specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ability to oversee risk management and control management to maximize operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance.
- Identify and manage risks, and assist YRCS management in identifying new concerns.
- Ensure the compliance to Risks management framework.
- A keen sense for details including the ability to identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings strategies
- Responsible to set the auditing cycle while showing proven ability to perform and control the full audit cycle.
- Conduct necessary assessment to determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Responsible to draw up an internal audit plan based on the assessment audit needs in agreement with YRCS management.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of the Internal Audit Work Plan
- Ensure the compliance to YRCS internal Audit Manual Guidelines
- Communicate results and follow up development and implementation of Policies and Procedures with management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills needed to present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document the process
- Excellent written skills including the ability to document processes and prepare audit findings
- Focus and follow-through needed to conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Do the necessary pre-audit preparation work related to the external audits.
Corruption and Fraud Prevention
- Ensure compliance to Fraud and corruption prevention policies
- Establish Fraud Detection mechanism to monitor and detect frauds.
- Strong sense of commitment to compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Collaborative and organizational skills needed to obtain, analyze, and evaluate necessary accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Accessibility and willingness to act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and achievement of goals
- Willingness to maintain open communication with top management
- Eagerness to engage in continuous learning and skills development regarding sector rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- At least a bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to consistently and accurately manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed, clear reports
- Proven working knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and industry regulations
- Willingness to demonstrate leadership skills and make sound independent judgments
- Relevant practical experience of minimum of five years as an internal auditor or senior auditor in a reputed organization
- Relevant experience in preparing financial reports
- Ability to communicate financial information to non technical staff
- Experience in one or more financial system
- Outstanding language skills, including written and spoken Arabic English
- Knowledge of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement principles is preferrable
- Strong commitment to National Society capacity-building
- Interest in and ability to participate in/guide/lead ,when needed, organizational development
- Respects and acts in line with the YRCS staff regulations, and code of conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensures and maintains the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working with teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- Ensures management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل