Ended Senior HR and Admin Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Senior HR and Admin Officer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Taiz
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: One year
Deadline: 11 November 2018.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now and for the future.
Program / Department Summary:
The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency as well as increasing the quality of Mercy Corps’ human resources functions including recruitment, orientation, policy implementation, compensation/benefits, performance management, and staff development, disciplinary and exiting procedures.
General Position Summary:
The Senior Human Resources& Administration Officer will be responsible for all HR and Admin functions in their of operations under the direct supervision of the HR/Admin Manager.The Senior Human Resources & Administration Officer will be responsible for implementing human resources and Administration policies and procedures, as outlined in the Mercy Corps Yemen National Staff Policy Handbook and other HR policies, Administration Manual to support the overall achievement of Mercy Corps country program plan.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Recruitments and selections:
• Follow up with Head of departments to develop and submit Recruitments plans on quarterly basis.
• In charge of all recruitment process in the offices from A-Z including but limited to Job Adverts, longlist, interviews, references, offer and contract and onboarding.
• Ensure all recruitment processes are compliance to Mercy Corps recruitment policy and guidelines.
• Update recruitment tracker on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Report any recruitment challenges/issues to the HRM immediately.
• Orient al new joining staff on Mercy Corps policies and procedures within the first 2 weeks of joining Mercy Corps.
• In liaison with the HR officer/Assistants and finalize all orientations for joining staff.
• Primary focal point for both health and life insurances for all staff.
• Update the national’s staff health and life insurance data base on a regular basis.
• Liaise with the HR Officers/Assistants to ensure all required documents are submitted by the staff on time.
• Ensure all health and life data base are 100% accurate and coordinated well with the insurance company.
• Oversee the social insurance process in coordination with the HRO/A.
• Monthly processing of the payroll on time and ensure all supporting documents are submitted accurately and on time (HR payroll report, PAFs, contracts extensions, amendments, terminations, resignations, deductions … etc.
• Coordinate with the HRO/A and ensure the accuracy of data submitted.
• Ensure all payroll documents are properly and accurately filed.
• Work closely with the HR Officer on leave tracking system and ensure the leave balances are updated and shared with Head of Department on a monthly basis.
• Report to the HRM any leave discrepancies and/or issues on staff leaves immediately.
• In charge of all leavers exit process (resignations, terminations, end of contracts).
• Carry out the exit interview with leavers.
• Final payment for all leavers and ensure supporting documents are properly submitted and filed.
• Update the leavers’ tracker on a monthly basis and ensure the report is shared on time with the HRM.
• Primary in charge of all Disciplinary actions at the office and field levels.
• Participate in the disciplinary meetings and ensure compliance to Mercy Corps Disciplinary procedures.
• Ensure high level of confidentiality of all HR disciplinary procedures.
• Ensure staff are well oriented on the performance review process and well familiarize with that.
• Follow up on staff annual performance reviews.
• Set reviews tracker and follow up with managers to carry out the performance review for their supervisee.
• Keep an updated tracker for staff performance review due date.
• Report to the HRM any performance issues immediately.
• Ensure Taiz base staff has the necessary visas and inform Sana’a team on expiry dates
• Oversees the Visa application processes for all Mercy Corps Staff & visitors.
• Liaise with the HR& Admin Manager the smooth processes for all visa documentations.
• Assist the national staff in obtaining visas for their international travel for trainings and workshops with Mercy Corps.
• In coordination with the Admin Officer, ensure all travel requests are processed on time.
• Inform direct supervisor of all necessary information on any travel updates.
• Arrange in country and international travel arrangements for all national and international travels.
• Liaise with the senior government liaison officer the travel permits arrangements.
• Responsible for all MC staff accommodation in hotels
• Ensure all necessary payment are processed on time.
• GH arrangements for all international staff and ensure that GH is prepared on time for staff.
• Work on a GH allocation map and share with direct supervisor
• Ensure office and GH is fully equipped with supplies and stationery.
• In coordination with the Admin Officer prepare quarterly requests for all office consumables.
• Inventory and track all office consumption rate on a monthly basis and share the report with the HR& Admin Manager.
• Overall management of the Administration Store properly and ensure the storing system is per the standard.
• Ensure all Mercy Corps premises layout are up to the standard and.
• Oversee the filing system for all Admin related filings
• Update all Admin trackers on time and share with the HR/A M.
• Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
• HR Officer & Admin Officer and indirectly the HR Assistants and the Admin Assistants.
• Reports Directly To: HR/Admin Manager
• Works Directly With: other HR staff, Finance, Ops, and other Mercy Corps staff.
Knowledge and Experience:
• University degree in HR, business administration or related field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in human resources and Administration management with humanitarian organization.
• High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
• Good understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel is a must.
• Supervisor and problem solving skills.
• Fluency written and spoken in English and Arabic.
• The candidate must be able to follow guidelines and reinforce organizational policies with all staff members, including senior and international staff.
• A positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a stressful environment.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and a results-oriented approach to HR management.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
- Please if you are interesting send your CV to ye-HR-taiz-senior-HR-Admin@mercycorps.org
- Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.