Ended Logistic Assistant (IT)
Logistic Assistant (IT)– Hudaydah /Raymah
ACTED is an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 37 countries worldwide. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified IT & Assets Assistant. based in Hudaydah. The IT Assistant will work under the direct hierarchical and functional supervision of the Country Logistics Manager or his principle assistants as defined by the CLM at capital level. He/she will report directly to the Logistic Officer of the base.
Position: IT& Assets Assistant
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 4 months
IT & Assets Assistant Duties:
His/her main duties and responsibilities will include:
Hardware and Software Management
1.1. Evaluate the IT system hardware and software needs and recommend appropriate technologies
1.2. Install and set-up the IT hardware and software systems
1.3. Ensure that all IT hardware and software assets are in working condition
1.4. Coordinate maintenance and repairs of the hardware when required
1.5. Principle custodian of all IT software assets
1.6. Responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s IT guidelines and compliance
Internet Security Management
2.1. Ensure relevant precautionary measures are implemented to safeguard against attacks from within and outside the ACTED network system
2.2. Regularly update and reinforce anti-virus and fire wall protection for all IT system peripherals
2.3. Via training, facilitate the appropriate guidelines to enhance the safety of the IT system
3.1. Ensure that all telecommunication assets are in working condition
3.2. Manage the cost information collection, analysis and reporting
- Ensure assets registration according to ACTED standards upon assets reception
- Ensure assets follow-up expect for motorized assets
- Ensure that all IT hardware and software assets are in working condition
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of the hardware when required
Any other tasks assigned to him/her by his/her line manager such as, but not limited to, assisting in the procurement process by collecting quotations, assisting the Stock keeper for goods reception, assisting the Fleet Assistant.
Job requirements (Qualifications and experience)
- University education with any relevant training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications.
- 2 years of relevant working experience in IT Management
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, both orally and in writing.
- Good written and spoken skills in English and Arabic languages.
- Initiative and pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail.
- High organizational skills.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a cover letter and a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Hudaydah /Raymah – IT & Assets Assistant "
- The closing date for applications is Monday, November 12th, 2018.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname+ IT & Assets Assistant - Hudaydah)
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification