Ended Logistics Assistant (Fleet)
Logistics Assistant (Fleet) – Hudaydah /Raymah
ACTED is an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 37 countries worldwide. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified Logistics Assistant (Fleet) based in Hudaydah/Raymah. Under direction of the Logistics officer, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support.
Position: Logistics Assistant (Fleet)
Location: Hudaydah, with potential travels to Raymah
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 4 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and follow on daily basis the performance and work progress of all the drivers under his responsibility
- Draft the weekly & daily work movement plan for Hudaydah/Raymah
- Leading HR drivers’ recruitment
- Supervising the process of selecting service contract drivers.
- Create separate binders for each reporting documents and file them after final confirmation of capital logistic
- Monthly report for fuel consumption records
- Monthly KM analysis report for service contract vehicles
- Writing incident reports in case of accidents.
- Implement fleet operations policies and procedures under direction of the CLM
- Create a binder for all vehicle fuel consumption report
- Ensure all vehicles are in good condition and ready for use
- Organize the driver duty schedule and ensure the movement of board is filled in regularly
- Follow up with staff movement between areas, sub offices and capital offices
- Supervise the fuel consumption of each car and the generator(s) and prepare the monthly stock consumption follow-up
- Provide the monthly report to capital logistic and file copy of fuel consumption report in “Transport follow up” binder
- Track vehicles movement to ensure ongoing fleet operations are well monitored, tracked and reported to security department
- Draft monthly drivers contract in line with recommendations from CFM/CLM
- Fill the daily movement sheet between bases and liaise with other fleet officers.
- Organize weekend and nightshift drivers schedule
- Coordinate with programs teams and get their Monthly Cars Request to ensure to have proper number of vehicles for to meet all monthly movements
- Ensure to have proper maintenance records of vehicles and generator and scheduled the regular services of all fleet operations vehicles
- Organize all Light and Heavy truck movements as per programs team needs
- Supervise the purchase process for fuel, trucking services and hotel accommodations.
- Communicate and confirm travel arrangements between the ACTED staff and the carrier
- Ensure that safety and other related procedures are fully complied with and safety measures are clearly visible in the cars
- Verify that each car is equipped with first aid kits and other necessary safety items (spare well, rope for instance).
- Control that all documentation required (permits, logbook) is filled in timely and precisely
- Follow up with Distribution Plans and making sure transport availability with the CLM/Logistics Officer supervision
- Coordinate with Program Managers to inform them of any delay / problem in satisfying their request.
Due to the particularity of the work and the context, the fleet assistant might be asked to support the logistics team in collecting quotations, organize the stock, arranging hotel booking, participating in some sub-cluster meetings and any other tasks upon the request of the base logistics officer, the CLM and the area coordinator.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least two years’ experience fleet management and good experience in general logistics matters.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, both orally and in writing.
- Good written and spoken skills in English and Arabic languages.
- Initiative and pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail.
- High organizational skills.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a cover letter and a detailed CV in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Hudaydah /Raymah-Logistics Assistant (Fleet) "
- The closing date for applications is Monday, November 12th, 2018.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname+ Logistics Assistant (Fleet - Hudaydah)
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification