Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Female)
Moore Stephens Yemen is one of the biggest professional services firms in Yemen that offers range of integrated services to help you grow, realize and protect your wealth, both in your home country and internationally. The aim of all of the services offered is to add real commercial value to you and your business. Moore Stephens member firms across the globe share common values: integrity, personal service, quality, knowledge and a global view. Moore Stephens Yemen actively seeks to work with clients in the development of their businesses and financial enterprises. As such we view their success as one of our most important objectives. Partners are active members of our client management teams allowing prompt responses and the delivery of cost effective solutions.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Female)
Reports to: TPM Project Manager
Duty Station: Sana’a - MSY Office
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed-term Employment for One Year (Renewable based on performance)
Probation Period: 3 months
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor, Diploma or equivalent with 3 years’ experience in one of the following or related fields: Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Demography or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Demonstrated experience with participatory monitoring and evaluation which may include data form designing, data collection, and data entry and management;
- Previous experience in providing technical assistance to improve data quality;
- Experience in compliance review or audit;
- Demonstrated capacity to use data entry and analysis software such as MS Excel;
- High Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook..)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review synthesise information and produce quality reports;
- Ability to manage multiple activities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to present materials in meetings and at conferences and to write project documents;
- Very good Interpersonal Skills;
- Strong analytical thinking and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory skills, and demonstrates capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant parties;
- An ability to work independently, efficiently and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team;
Job Purpose: The overall task of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to support the Project Manager and MSY management staff in the implementation of TPM project. She will contribute to the accurate realization of all assigned project activities and their relative economic and financial administration.
Reporting Line: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (MES) will work under the direct supervision of the TPM Project Manager (PM) with reference to project-related activities, and – in parallel - under the supervision of the Head office with reference to Base management-related activities (i.e., logistics and security).
For representation and coordination in, the MES follows guidelines received by the PM.
Under the overall oversight of the Monitoring Manager and the direct supervision of the (PM) will performance in the following tasks:
- Liaise with facility staff, mentors or programme team on unclear entries
- Support the design of data collection and analysis protocols for collecting qualitative and quantitative data;
- Ensures regular quality checks of data entered into the database and reports regularly to the PM on the progress and inaccuracies of the data entered into excel and the TPM Online Platform, etc.;
- Support the development of forms and online dashboard tools.
- Participate in and/or coordinate the timely collection and analysis of all project performance data and success stories.
- Support and supervise the Monitoring specialists, engineers and other infield team members in performing coordinated site visits to monitor Project activities onsite. This includes monitoring and reporting on physical verification, environmental compliance, Grievance Redress Mechanism, community consultation and beneficiaries satisfaction according to Project reference documents including Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF), other project documentation and TPM plans.
- Review monitoring activities results and provide the necessary feedback to monitoring team and TPM PM.
- Support, track and review monitoring activities; investigation, desk review, site verifications and analysis to assess compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements, internal policies & procedures and best practice.
- Identify and assess risks arising in the business making reference to prevailing regulatory requirements and best practice.
- Review and update the Monitoring tools guides and manuals regularly/as required.
- Updated the monitor indicator results on project level and TPM process on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Deploy new and innovative ways for data collection, monitoring.
- Provide information for the preparation of communication products and regular project reporting to client (Implementing Agency) and Implementing Partners.
- Support the PM in establishing and managing relations pertaining to project activities, with relevant project’s stakeholders, local authorities, relevant donors and institutions in his/her area of competencies.
- Preparing, managing and regularly updating the monitoring activities work plan, to be approved by the PM.
- Provide daily support to the monitoring specialist in the implementation of the project’s activities while collaborating with them to find solutions to identified challenges in the field both related to activities and to the infield staff.
- Ensuring monitoring and verification for targeting of beneficiaries in collaboration with monitoring staff.
- Applying a result-based management approach and monitoring the project outcomes and impact, in addition to the outputs through the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with colleagues across Control & Governance, Risk, Compliance and Quality Assurance functions where required.
- Produce objective, timely and well-presented monitoring reports.
- Delivering timely quality reporting on project activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of results-based reports and presentations for client and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring quality reporting on achievements through short briefings, monthly and weekly planning presented against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Participating in the delivery of project reporting framework (i.e. Quarterly, Annual and Final Report).
- Contribute to the realization of monthly & quarterly reports for client.
- Delivering quality project activities reporting, including the findings, challenges, and areas of concerns, recommendation and lesson learnt. More specifically, preparing ad-hoc progress reporting as well as required project interim and final reports.
Coordination and Representation
- Coordinate internal meetings and training with monitoring team as required.
- Participate in staff coordination meetings and contribute to follow up the project activities;
- Ensure project team management and coordination in accordance with PM.
- Attend meetings and events organized by donors and/or other humanitarian agencies, providing minutes to the PM.
- Maintain relationship with competent authorities.
- Implement other tasks or activities as may be requested by the PM.
Other Activities related to the TPM Project:
- Contribute to planning monitoring activities; Master Work plan, Quarterly Plan and other planning documentation.
- Participation in the timely recruitment of project staff, in coordination with relevant support staff, as per MSY policy for staff recruitment;
- Ensuring respect of and adherence to MYS /and client rules and regulations, code of conduct and ethical values chart.
- Participate in other M&E activities as required.
Role in Other TPM Projects
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation activities for other projects as requested by the Monitoring Manager;
- Provide the necessary support to other projects’ teams as required (i.e. training, induction, discussions);
- Implement other tasks or activities in connection to other TPM projects as may be requested by the Monitoring Manager.
Dead Line: 15 November 2018
To Apply please send your C.V to: email@example.com