Ended Logistics and Security Assistant (3)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Shabwa (Ataq), Lahj (Alqabeeta),Al-Dhalee (Jehaf)
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Duration : 10 months
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The Logistic and security Assistant will help to prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the YFCA’s database of contractors and suppliers, in addition he/she will be responsible of preparing all needed documents and reports on daily, weekly, monthly basis. Besides, he/she will be the responsible of all administration work for the Security Department
- coordinate activities related procurement and local purchasing
- Take care of locally purchased items and project materials from customs, process labour office clearances, procure local and international purchases, track assets, contact insurance companies regarding insurance for office assets, renew vehicles’ licenses, arrange for vehicle maintenance, and monitor vehicle use.
- Organize and arrange meetings with different government representatives, other NGO representatives, and other program members.
- To serve as a direct point of contact for Staff and participants concerning meeting specifications, requirements, preferences, registration, confirmations, cancellations, schedules, and cost summaries.
- Manage all the facilities for conducting conference, meetings by providing the necessary equipment.
- Support and assist with all stages of the project activities, Follow-up, coordination, obtain entry and exit visas for traveling visitors and employees, obtain work permits for international staff.
- Arrange and facilitate for visitors’ transportation, their arrival and visas clearance at Yemeni airports and ports.
- Keep update with the security situation in Yemen and network with relevant organizations and official establishment in this regards.
- Guide visitors while travelling in vehicles and arrange escorts for safety and security reasons.
- Provide advice on destinations, accommodation, car rental programs, and flights.
- Confirm bookings and notify clients of travel documents, luggage, insurance, medical insurance, visas and currency requirements.
- Facilitate meetings with international NGOs in cases of risk and danger.
- Attended relevant security meeting in the south and report back
- Arrange travel security arrangement, briefing and related matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday Nov 10th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.