Ended Hygiene Promotion Assistant (3)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Location : Shabwa, (Ataq), Lahj (Alqabeeta), Aldhalee(Jehaf)
Reports to : Hygiene Promotion Officer
Duration : 10months
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Under the supervision of hygiene promotion Officer, hygiene promotion assistant will be responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of hygiene promotion activities of YFCA in the targeted governorates of Shabwa, Lahj and Aldhalee.
- Assist in supervision of WASH software activities.
- Help in sensitizing beneficiaries about various aspects, requirements and information needed to ensure participation in the project’s activities.
- Responsible of selecting HP community volunteers according to the criteria provided by HP officer.
- Follow up community volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
- Regarding hygiene promotion activities, collect flat documents at field level.
- With support from the hygiene promotion Officer, help develop project plans.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of project activities as agreed in a monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Working as facilitator to the awareness sessions.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions, assessments and questionnaires to ensure community’s feedbacks.
- Daily follow up visits to ensure practice of hygiene promotion.
- Assist in the community mobilization process and in establishing clean-up committee.
- Assist in validation of beneficiary’s lists.
- Ensure good archiving and documentation of HP activities.
- Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the HPO.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, communication or any other relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Professional experience of 2 years minimum, among which 1 years in a field related to public health, communication and behaviour change
- Organization, coordination and planning skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to listen and adopt
- Excellent facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent knowledge of local language
- Fluent English, writing and speaking.
- Yemeni National.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs email@example.com by Saturday Nov 10th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.