Ended Data Entry (3)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Locations : Ataq (Shabwa Gov.), Al-Qubaitah (Lahj Gov.) and Jahaf (Al-Dhale’e Gov.)
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Duration : 10 months.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
S/he will ensure that all data collected by project teams is entered into the appropriate database, analysed and well protected. S/he will maintain accurate and up to date information regarding projects, locations, surveys, indicators, and all project participants. Information will span numerous programme activities and various databases will require simultaneous management.
- Compile and enter beneficiary and project information into databases from regularly collected (handwritten) registration forms and lists of WASH program; update and revise data when details change.
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Responding to information requests from field staff.
- Create and maintain numerous Excel databases for different activities (distributions, etc.)
- Compile, sort and organize data to be entered into the databases or electronic files.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed also keep all information confidential.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the databases for accuracy.
- Maintain and update workflow record regarding work completed and work pending.
- Database for tracking beneficiaries reached under the different interventions.
- Assist other administrative staff in filing, archiving, typing and other tasks as necessary.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
Education & Experience:
- College degree related to information technology or statistics.
- At least two years’ work experience.
- One year work experience in electronic data management position.
- Advanced understanding of Excel databases and data entry and ability to design Excel/Access databases.
- Excellent computer skills, with strong typing skills in English and Arabic and knowledge of MS Word.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data management.
- Ability to analyse and understand data, organizing into visual representations - diagrams/charts.
- Previous experience with assessments, surveys, and evaluations preferred.
- Ability to organize time, manage multiple projects at one time, and analyse information from many sources.
- Communication skills to operate with a multinational and multilingual team
- Very good English (reading, speaking, writing/spelling, and typing) is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs email@example.com by Saturday Nov 10th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.