Ended MEAL Accountability Assistant
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
MEAL Accountability Assistant
Duration: 12 Months renewable
Assignment: To support the day-to-day implementation of accountability activities of Action Contre la Faim.
To implement project related accountability activities
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Head of Department, the accountability assistant will ensure that all feedback and complaints received are promptly communicated to MEAL HoD to be addressed, followed up, and utilized to enhance the ACF’s understanding of the consequences of its programs across the country.
- Respond to hotline calls, collect mail and any other feedback/complaint as per SOP
- Communicate to his/her supervisor all complaints/feedback on daily basis, and communicate to complainants expected time to deliver the response, according to supervisor advices
- Maintain a proper recording system for all the complaints and feedback with filling codes
- Mainstream accountability mechanism in program activities, and support the effective implementation of feedback and complaints response mechanisms with support from MEAL Officers/Managers
- Processing complaints received on a daily basis, in a professional and timely manner according to the feedback and complaint response mechanism (FCRM) framework and SOP
- To demonstrate commitment to gender equality and age-sensitivity in programming by ensuring all accountability activities actively engage women, men, girls, and boys of all ages, including more vulnerable populations such as elderly or people living with disabilities.
Maintain data entering, management and timely reporting
- Collect and enter all data of a centralized telephone and e-mail for all feedback and complaints received accurately on a daily basis, sharing the database with the supervisor on a daily/weekly basis
- Organize, manage and update a complete database about feedbacks and response
- Elaborate statistics tables and graphs of feedback and complaints database
- Writing a monthly summary report indicating the type of FCRM established in each area of intervention and detailing key successes and challenges, with information support from MEAL HoD/Managers
- Provide formal feedback for all complaints that are being received via all the available FCRM
- Any other tasks as requested by the line management
QUALIFICATIONS / BACKGROUND
- Minimum of a College or Diploma in Data Management, social sciences or communications
- Experience in communications with affected communications (CWAC) or accountability to affected populations (AAP) activities;
- At least one years’ similar work experience with an international NGO;
- Experience with feedback and complaints response mechanisms;
- Strong commitment to Action Contre la Faim’s charter, mission and core values
- Ability to work confidentially and with discretion
- Good communication
- Flexibility and capacity to meet schedules and timelines
- Analytical skills
- Good relations with people
- Organizational and planning skills (ability to prioritise)
- Demonstrable commitment to gender equality (programming)
- Strong understanding of concepts and features of data management tools
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data management
- Proven ability to use MS office applications (excel is a must);
- Proactive self-starter who can demonstrate autonomous working;
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information;
- Familiarity with humanitarian accountability standards and other international quality assurance mechanisms, including Sphere, Red Cross Code of Conduct (humanitarian principles), Core Protection Principles, People in Aid Code of Good Practice, etc.
- Speak and write Arabic and English fluently
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for while submitting your application, to email@example.com latest by 13 Nov, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.