Ended Project Assistant
Responsible to: Programmes Manager
Location : Sana’a
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is now implementing many emergency response projects in different locations, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The Project Assistant will be in charge of supporting all the administrative needs of program team. He/She will work closely with the program teams and make sure that office activities are executed in an efficient manner. This position will be responsible in program filing, organizing program during meetings, getting approvals and signatories from any of management team and will contribute in recruitment and reporting mechanism. The Project Assistant will be mainly for program hard and soft archive system and he/she will be based in Sana’a will be supervised by the program manager and will work closely with Programmes Manager and other operation team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to program team including who are remotely managing in sub offices.
- Support HA program team and operation in obtaining timely coordination from relevant authorities needed.
- Work in collaboration with program team to provide timely reports and data summaries to write and submit weekly, monthly and other reports required by HQ and donors.
- Coordinates with all departments to ensure integrated approach to all activities within the program activities.
- Assist in maintain good relations with local authorities, clusters, donors and provide their requirement.
- Responsible for program files and documents management including soft and hard archive system.
- Assist in the hiring and development of qualified program staff.
- Organize program meetings in Sanaa when needed.
- Attend Internal and external meetings and taken meeting minutes.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA preferably in human resource management and or public administration.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working as program assistant with INGOs.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into health, nutrition and food security issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming
- Preferable for female
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly the “Position Title” you are applying for in the Email subject.
- Recruitment is urgent, Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10/ Nov./2018