Ended FSL project officer
Responsible to: FSL Project Manager
Location : Hajjah
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is now implementing emergency food security response project in Hajjah, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
Under FSL Project Manager, the FSL project officer will be responsible for overall emergency food security response project. He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, budget management, and the day-to-day management of the projects, including recruitment and reporting. The FSL Project Officer will be based in Hajjah with frequent travels to other targeted districts when security situation allows. The FSL project officer will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities, donor and other agencies of interest. The officer will be supervised by the project manager and will work closely with programmes manager and other operation team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under Project Manager, supervise overall delivery of the emergency food security response interventions in the targeted areas.
- Contribute in providing leadership in planning, project start-up, project implementation, and development of quality control systems.
- Contribute in project implementation plans, recruitment plans, procurement plan, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
- In coordination with field teams, determine the operational needs of the emergency food security interventions.
- In coordination with project field team determine the training needs of staff and organize remotely
- Under project manager, partial responsibility for financial management of the project, track budget and ensure that all activities and expenditure are conducted within budget allocations and manages project activities according to the scope of the grant and budget.
- In coordination with security staff and advisors, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, partners and other stakeholders and travel to the field when the security situation allows.
- Works with the M&E officer/manager to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for the project, and facilitate monitoring and review of the project with staff and consortium partners to assess outcomes and capture lessons learned.
- Works with the M&E officer/manager to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Contribute to production of proposals for new projects.
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within project budgets.
- Regularly update country office on progression of project as per protocol.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure project compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for project design and management
- Ensure that all project activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and ministry and local government requirements.
- Coordination with Local Authorities and Task Force to facilitate the implementation of our activities in the targeted district
- Conduct the market and contextual assessments before start of project implementation in order to define the modality of assistance (whether cash or vouchers),
- In coordination with FSAC, Identify the modality and delivery mechanism
- In coordination with FSAC and other stakeholder, lead beneficiaries Identification and selection process
- Conduct and provide technical support on FSL assessments, including baseline and end line survey
- Work closely with M&E to ensure activities are contributing towards project targets
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
Human Resources Management
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified project staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the PM, CD, HR and Finance team.
- Supervise the day-to-day the FSL staff to ensure smooth and effective operations.
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff
- Train national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of project.
- Conducts staff evaluations, advocates, and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff.
- Maintains frequent communication with Project Manager to ensure that project activities and objectives are communicated.
- Works with operation staff to ensure the coordination of project supplies are within budgeted targets.
- Attends coordination meetings, which are relevant to country activities.
- Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor of Science (Bsc) or equivalent in Agriculture, Nutrition, Social Science, Economics, Disaster Management or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as FSL project officer, and experienced with INGOs and preferably with Human Appeal.
- He/she from same location, preferably for female
- Pervious experiences in conducting market and contextual assessments
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into FSL issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on project monitoring, and conduct results-based programming
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly the “Position Title” you are applying for in the Email subject.
- Recruitment is urgent, Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10/ Nov./2018