Ended HA FSL M&E Officer
Responsible to: M&E Manager
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is now implementing emergency food security response project in Hajjah, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The M&E officer will be based in Hajjah and will responsible for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of HA FSL project, more specifically under the Food Security and Protection clusters. She/he will coordinate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and participate in M&E networks through the clusters.
She/he will assist the project team and M&E in setting up systems and mechanisms for monitoring the projects’ indicators, deliverables and regularly gathering stakeholders’ feedback. The M&E officer will support the M&E Manager and Project Manager in project documentation, reflection and reporting processes to ensure that identified gaps are addressed and contribute to project improvement. During the course of this role, it is expected the candidate to have:
• Establish and design M&E system across all project’s including feedback mechanism
Coordinated all M&E activities (through data collection and reporting) across all HA projects.
• Developed Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems
• Designed a rigorous internal project data quality assurance system
• Ensured and/or improved the standardization of data collection
• Developed tools for need assessment, monitoring, evaluation and collection of success stories
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Establish and design M&E system across all project is
- Contribute in proposal written and HNO.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of project monitoring data
- Develop and manage the projects' Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems in collaboration with project managers and project team.
- Design and implement an internal data quality assurance system.
- Qualify and improve the standardization of the data collected. Ensure cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, inclusion, protection etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
- Develop the necessary tools for need assessments, data collection and monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Contribute to and/or carry out the rapid needs assessments on key projects during the project lifecycle to investigate further opportunities for interventions.
- Ensure data is collected and analyzed regularly (with associated reporting) to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner.
- Take a lead role in the coordination of all evaluations and research activities including the conduct of baselines and final project evaluations.
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs and framework for evaluation and research activities.
- Establish and roll-out the necessary Complaint Response Mechanisms for Human Appeal country programmes (Field and project level).
- Provide support in collecting data through comprehensive and multi-sectorial needs assessments for the development of new project proposals.
- Collating learning and valuable lessons learnt to be fed in new project development.
- Conducting impact assessments for high-priority project.
Reporting and Communications
- Ensure reports are submitted to all HA , related cluster and other donors at national level as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Coordinate and consolidate internal reports to HA and ensure timely submission
- Develop and contribute to baseline surveys, quarterly and annual reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, presentations, etc. for the donor as well as other audiences.
- Collaborate with M&E manager and project team to analyses monitoring/evaluation findings and associated reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the project team in collecting success stories and lessons learned and in developing case studies and Msc (Most significant change) for experience sharing internally, with donors and for publication.
- Identify and document interventions and initiatives that can be replicated or scaled up.
- Develop donors reporting schedule and share on regular basis to PMs and Coordinators.
- Responsible for collating, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the project mission to develop a strong project MEAL system in the FSL sector and provide support to other sectors in the Human Appeal mission whenever possible.
- Continuously build capacity of project staff in data collection and use through training, advice and support.
- Regularly document lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, monitoring and evaluation with project staff.
- Organize and undertake MEAL capacity building activities such as trainings and workshops for staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A qualification or degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or any other similar field
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience working as an M&E officer or coordinator, within the INGO sector and preferably with human Appeal
- He/she from same location, preferably for female
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Experience in areas of MEAL and knowledge management related to programs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Working knowledge of MEAL systems, word processing spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and databases
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to manage other team members e.g. M&E project staff, volunteers etc.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work in the field and remotely (travel expected to project sites as well as field office coordination).
- Familiarity with Minimum standards for child protection in humanitarian action, Sphere and INEE standards, etc.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on project monitoring, and conduct results-based programming
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly the “Position Title” you are applying for in the Email subject.
- Recruitment is urgent, Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10/ Nov./2018