Ended Base Logistician
Action Contre la Faim (ACF), is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. ACF currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Duration: 12 months
Overall objective of position:
Implement the logistics policy of the base to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs in terms of vehicle management and base management related tasks.
Objective 1 : Implement and ensure the performance of facilities management
- safety of the working and living environment
- provision and maintenance of logistical equipment
- security of logistical equipment, training and assistance to users
- Supervision of the building, rehabilitation and maintenance required for the functioning of the base and the living environment.
- Provision of water and energy supplies to all buildings required for the functioning of the base and the living environment
- Timely and high quality reporting on the area of activity
- Assessing the needs for logistical equipment and ensuring proportional allocation
- Objective 2 : Responsible for the fleet management and equipment:
- Supervise the allocation and the use of the equipment in accordance with the Log Manager.
- Ensure installation and monitor the maintenance and repairing of the equipment in accordance with the Log Manager.
- Update the base equipment list in accordance with the IT Technician
- Supervise and monitor the fleet management
- In charge of the cars registration follow-up and administration issues
- Monitor the equipment allocation and organize the maintenance and repairing to be done by Stock and Equipment Keeper
- Organize the weekly vehicle planning
- Anticipate the maintenance to be done on the fleet and generators
- Monitor the cost expenditure regarding maintenance planning with Finance Technician
- Make sure the Log Book is properly filled up by drivers
- Make sure the Motor Cost Report document is well filled and integrated in Log Monthly report
- Ensure a proper allocation regarding phone fleet
- Liaise with Traffic department to ensure registration of all our vehicles
Objective 3 : : Contribute to security management of the premises
- working with the person in charge of the base on the definition of a local security plan
- putting in place security guidelines for the base and ensuring they are properly applied
- Maintenance of an effective network, with local input, on contextual and security matters, collection and analysis of information to inform the risk and context analysis undertaken by the person in charge of the base
- Monitoring the application of security procedures, issuing reminders and alerting the person in charge of the base when necessary
- Manage the key system backup for the base and allocation to the people when necessary
- Implement and Follow up on the security guards registration book, guidelines and training
Objective 4 : Manage the Logistics team:
- Establish a work plan;
- Control the planning of your team
- Delegate the activities and check that they are properly executed;
- In case of absence of a direct team members, take over the activities
- Organize training sessions;
- Carry out appraisal interviews
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary.
- Defining the Human Resources needs in the area of activity and producing the organizational chart of his/her team
- Taking part in the recruitment of his/her teams
- Organizing and leading team meetings
- Working out and monitoring individual action plans for team members
- Managing planning operations, task sharing and coordination of work
- Providing for evaluation interviews for team members
- Providing technical support to the teams
- Identifying the training needs of team members
- Organizing and leading training sessions
- Managing difficulties in the team
Diploma or University Degree in business management or any relevant field.
Good organizer – High level of Diplomacy & relational skills - Rigour (on procedures) - Team Spirit - Autonomy - Negotiation Skills - Honesty - Confidentiality - Communication Skills, Good/Fluent English Knowledge - Computer knowledge (Word /Excel).
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to email@example.com latest by 9 of November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.