Ended Health Promoter Field Officer
Health Promoter field officer ( Hodedah field office) will be responsible with the Health Officer, for implementing Health activities, mobilize community and encourage community participation in support of interventions in Hodedah.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
These positions are based in Hodedah Governorates and able to spend 70% of the time in the field in the project .
• Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation with a particular focus on sanitation and hygiene promotion.
• attend the wash cluster meeting regularly.
• ensures that project, programs, and awareness are implemented effectively, professionally, and in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population.
• Advising the team in promotion programming, in broad coordination with other sectors
• Evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to promotion in the local context
• Assisting in the preparation of the proposals
• Promote education through a variety of means, such as information sharing, dissemination, and communication materials and education sessions;
• Provide support to the distribution of items, and conduct monitoring and follow up to ensure proper usage of items and appropriateness;
• Maintain full qualitative and quantitative records and reports of activities, disaggregated by age, gender and diversity where appropriate;
• Develop contacts with community leaders and key stakeholders to explain and promote the organization and projects;
• Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries.
• Mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene;
• Conduct participatory promotion sessions within communities, schools, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders;
• Working closely with Health Care Workers, Community Health Volunteers and Mother to Mother Support Group in health promotion activities.
• Close coordination with nutrition officers/Assistants Project Coordinator in work-plan development and health promotion curriculum development
• Spearhead the establishment and running of IYCF counseling corners in all the targeted health facilities
• in collaboration Follow up with the Community Health Volunteers to ensure regular home visits/follow up of severely malnourished children; those not responding to programme treatment; and tracing of absentees and defaulted beneficiaries.
• Promote health awareness through Information Education & Communication (IEC) / Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) on IYCF, control and prevention of common diseases; disease prevention and control through proper personal, household and communal
• Conduct / facilitate education sessions to promote exclusive breastfeeding and appropriate infant and young child feeding practices at health facility and community level during distributions.
• Assist design and development of communication materials, e.g. poster, brochure, etc
• With the support of the Programme Officer, conduct training for Community Volunteers on communication skills and promotion.
• supervise the Selection of community volunteers in the targeted districts.
• supervise the community volunteers supervisors.
• Develop weekly and monthly work plans with the community volunteers.
• Document and share lessons learnt with the team including success stories and challenges.
• Periodically conduct assessment of the needs of the target communities based on current situation.
• Encourage community participation in all project activities, ensuring equal gender and age groups involvement.
• Submit bi-weekly progress reports to the Programme Officer.
• Establish community committees.
• Any other role assigned by the line supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in working with communities
• Minimum of 1 years working experience in NGOs.
• Personal qualities: team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure, enjoying working in the field.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
• Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
• English speaking is a plus.
- For those who are interested send the CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject should be the name of the post.