Ended Biomedical Technician (مهندس أجهزة طبية)
Medecins Sans Frotières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believe. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of its work. Currently MSF works in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit our Arabic website, http://www.msfuae.ae/
Work Location: Hajja city- Abs district
- Must know the all biomedical devices present on the project(s). Must be able at any time to give the condition and location of this equipment.
- Understands the technical documentation, operating principle and use of each piece of biomedical equipment on the project/mission.
- Ensure that as few items are out of service at any given time.
- Organizes and participates in installation and replacement of biomedical equipment and their spare-parts if needed
- Identifies any issues or problems in any of the locations the equipment is used. Reports these to the supervisor and proposes solutions. (Training of staff on a device, operating procedures ...)
- Takes the lead in organizing user training where required.
- Maintains the equipment files securely and ensures they are up-to-date; identification cards, maintenance forms, intervention requests, repair forms, guarantee certificates, etc…
- Create the maintenance schedule for the equipment park and ensure it is followed.
- Carry out preventive and curative maintenance works according to protocols/manuals.
- Record and file records of all maintenance (preventive and curative). The date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions should be included.
- Ensure good care of equipment by the medical teams, and ensure that cleaning and simple maintenance is properly carried out.
- If maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools this shall be requested from, and provided by, the supervisor.
- Report equipment failures identified by users. Make a first diagnosis and repair proposal to the supervisor.
- Create and regularly update the preventive maintenance schedule according to the advice of the support documentation, the manufacturer’s recommendations or the Biomedical Referent.
- Manages inventory of spare parts and avoid stock rupture by making regular and timely proposals for orders to his superior.
- In collaboration with pharmacy stock manager, ensures adequate stock of consumables for biomedical devices.
- Keep track of the arrival of orders and returned repairs, request information in case of delay and / or emergency.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma as Biomedical technician preferred
- Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Desirable experience with other NGOs in a technical field. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
- Proficient in computer use ( MS-Office)
- Local and mission language essentials, English essential
Candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send their contact Details, CV and a covering letter in English before November 12th, 2018
MSF is an equal opportunity employer – Both Women & Men are invited to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.
Only applications sent through email will be considered, Hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted