Ended Midwife for Pool
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF has decided to support the healthcare system in Taiz by opening “Mother and Child Healthcare Hospital”; As a result, MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Taiz:
Location : MSF-H, MCH Taiz, Governorate
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and/or CEmONC 2), neonatal, and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women from the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly follow up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervise that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participate in the organization of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently. Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions. Supervise the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
- 1 BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocic’s, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and newborn care including neonatal resuscitation.
- 2 CEmONC = comprehensive obstetric and neonatal care = the full package of BEmONC Plus; surgery (caesarean section, hysterectomy, laparotomy), safe blood transfusion and care to sick and low birth weight newborns
- Know and be aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Send material to be sterilized and recuperate it from sterilization.
- Staffs are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
Qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery. Valid registration document.
Essential working experience of at least two years as midwife.
- Essential: Arabic
- Desired: English
All applicants should submit an application letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card by either hand delivery or per email to:
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES - HOLLAND (MSF-OCA)
Mother and Child Hospital, Al-Hawban Road, Toward Aden Way, Opposite Al-Kurimi Express
Taiz Houban – Yemen
المتقدمين عليهم تقديم ملفاتهم لصندوق الوظائف أمام مكتب الموارد البشرية (الصندوق الصغير)
Please, drop your applications and copies of documents in the vacancy box located beside the HR Office.
Or by Email: email@example.com Please mention the Title of the Position in the subject line of e-mail.
Closing date: Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test
- Applicants who will not submit application letter will not be selected or the Test.