Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF has decided to support the healthcare system in Taiz by opening “Mother and Child Healthcare Hospital”; As a result, MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Taiz:
Implement gynecological and obstetric procedures, performing any treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors, midwives and nurses
Providing technical expertise in the domains of gynecology and obstetrics:
- Implement obstetric and gynecological procedures or other treatments required during pregnancy, at delivery and after birth to improve women’s reproductive health and reduce pregnancy and delivery risks for mother and baby, as per MSF protocols.
- Ensure hygiene procedures are followed to limit infection risks.
- In collaboration with other medical personnel, ensuring the quality of obstetric care in the Maternity department.
- Ensuring the quality of Antenatal and Postnatal Care and Family Planning.
- Participate in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors, midwives and the expat team.
In Triage/Labor and Delivery room
- Assist in correct triage, diagnosis and management of complications of pregnancy in association with triage nurses and midwives.
- Ensure the correct application of MSF labor protocols and identification and escalation of complications of labor and delivery
- Perform and teach specific delivery procedures such as external cephalic version, internal podalic version, twin and breech delivery and instrumental delivery.
- Manage and train staff in the management of antepartum and postpartum obstetrical emergencies such as uterine rupture or post-partum hemorrhage.
In Operation Theatre:
- Carrying out elective and emergency surgical interventions.
- Carrying out the patients’ pre-operative consultations before they undergo surgery.
- Evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the anesthesiologist.
- Monitoring the rational use of surgical material during interventions.
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required
- Essential: Gynecology specialist Certificate (to be Master 2 year or Board 5 years).
- Essential at least 2 year certified work experience in Gynecology
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Surgical skills (C-section, Hysterectomy etc.)
- Essential mission language; local working language would be an asset.
- Desirable: English Speaker
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results Teamwork Flexibility Commitment Stress management
All applicants should submit an application letter (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card by email to:
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES - HOLLAND (MSF-OCA)
Mother and Child Hospital, Al-Hawban Road, Toward Aden Way, Opposite Al-Kurimi Express
Taiz Houban – Yemen
Please mention the Title of the Position in the subject line of e-mail.
Closing date: 13th of November 2018 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test