Ended UN Project Coordinator
CARE International is currently seeking a UN Project Coordinator. He/ She will reports to Program Coordination and will be responsible for monitoring, documenting and reporting on the implementation progress a portfolios of whole UN Program including WFP’s project modalities (GFD, CV-TN, Nutrition, FFA, FFW, FF etc.), UNDP projects and YHPF projects.
UN Project Coordinator
Under the supervision of Program Coordination S/He will support Area Managers in project design and development of new projects. S/he is accountable to maintain an open and constructive relationships with WFP, UNDP and Pooled Fund to ensure project compliance and quality. The position holder also will make sure timely submission of all donor reports.in addition to that, s/he is responsible to provide capacity building support to CARE’s field team as well as Local Implementing Partners and strengthen the technical capacity and guidance on the ground.
Program Management & Quality:
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UN funded project in the various UN funded programs and ensure that they are in line with country office program strategy well as CI Programming Principles.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems for the projects enhance accountability of CO vis-a-vis the communities with whom we work as well as other stakeholders (civil society, donors and government counterparts).
- Ensure that GED and protections issues are properly considered and addressed.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and Areas Managers to ensure that the project budgets are controlled and reported on a monthly basis, in addition to supporting the area managers to prepare accurate budgeting and forecasting.
- Work closely with the Area Managers and Program Quality unit to ensure that the project implementation planning is carried out and updated on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with units in Program Support (finance, procurement, HR, logistics, etc.) to ensure proper coordination exists for efficient program implementation.
- Carry out a regular field visit to the UN program areas to account for the achievement of project (s) outputs in line with the approved work plan and approved proposal.
- Organize presentations, workshop and launch events for UN program as needed.
- Ensure consolidation and submission of donor reports.
External & Internal Coordination:
- Represent CARE at relevant Cluster, Donor and General Coordination meetings as requested by line manager.
- Work with the information and reporting officer to produce necessary materials to disseminate information throughout CARE International and externally. Such materials may include situation reports, programme strategy, fact sheets, briefing notes and any others requested by CARE International members.
- UN’s donor focal point
- Coordinates with Heads of Finance, HR, Procurement and Program Support to achieve program deliverables
- Contribute to and implement personally all elements of CARE Yemen Performance Management system
- Work closely with the CARE Communications team to ensure that relevant communication materials (human interest stories, videos, etc) are developed for the projects.
- Fill in for other Program Coordinators when required.
Program & Proposal Development:
- Assist the area managers with operationalizing the CARE Yemen program strategy framework ensuring alignment with context and development needs.
- Support in monitor and analyze new funding opportunities that align with the country office program strategy and allow the CO to meet the intended strategic objectives.
- Assist the proposal development process for all new funding opportunities, and support the Program Development Coordinator to ensure alignment with CO strategy.
- Support in review the assessments and baseline reports to gather and prepare background information and data for the design of programs and projects.
- Assist in the Proposal writing, working closely with Area Managers, technical advisers for the intervention design and Finance for the direct project cost budgeting, ensuring donor compliance and competitiveness
- If proposal is denied, assist to ensure debrief from donor and disseminate lessons learned to all relevant parties.
Partnership and Capacity Building:
- In collaboration with the Partnership officer, participate in due diligence process to select viable local implementing partners.
- Conduct capacity assessment of local partners’ staff to identify needs for capacity building.
- Develop a capacity building plan and organize capacity building sessions including on-the-job training and formal trainings.
- Participate in the review and monitoring of local implementing partners
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international relations, and/or other related field is required.
- Good skills and experience in capacity-building of staff and partners, including coaching and on-the-job training
- Familiarized with and committed to humanitarian principles humanitarian standards and accountability initiatives.
- Experience managing humanitarian programmers, and an understanding of relevant issues, especially in a conflict setting.
- Proven experience in program/project management (designing, budgeting, planning, monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting).
- Minimum two years of experience in a program/project coordination or management role. experience working on WFP/ UN agency program
- having good experience in communication, Influence and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences and confident representation skills with government, UN and NGOs
- Strong personnel leadership, communication, and capacity building skills.
- Good computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic
- Excellent analysis and written skills for writing concept papers and design documents (including log frames and indicators).
- Ability to manage stress, work under pressure, problem solve and make decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills in the face of unexpected challenges
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by November 14th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “UN Project Coordinator - Sana’a”. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.