Ended Finance Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Record financial transactions in Agresso Accounting System on daily basis.
- Prepare cash boxes and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all financial and accounting files and transactions.
- Ensure there is sufficient cash in the bank and in cash boxes.
- Ensure, in coordination with the relevant project staff, that project/program expenditures are incurred consistent with grant agreements and grant budgets.
- Verify supporting documents to ensure completeness before payments are processed.
- Ensure proper and adequate filing system for financial documents.
- Conduct weekly cash counts with the Finance Assistant and month end cash counts with the Finance Coordinator.
- Conduct and following up financial reports with Implementing Partners and report any violation of the terms of signed agreement between IP & NRC.
- Prepare all necessary information for internal or external audits.
- Assign duties, supervise, train and line manage the Finance Assistant.
- Follow up on cash advances and ensure time clearance with the staff concerned.
- Assist in accounting procedures reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations and NRC policy requirements.
- Assisting in any other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High integrity.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems.
- For 6 months with possibilty of extension depnding on fund availability.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Hodeidah citizens are highly encouraged to apply
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: