Ended CCCM Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Represent NRC with communities, local authorities, site partners, and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site management team, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members.
- Foster collaborative relationships with local authorities to facilitate implementation of activities.
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, such as local authorities, Sub-National Clusters, NGOs, INGOs, UN and IDPs, including translation of meeting proceedings and provision of meeting minutes.
- Contribute in preparing of activities Detailed implementation plan.
- facilitate the meeting in the camps for partners that providing aid for the camps .
- Establish & train representative and inclusive community-based site management committees at sites.
- Support site planning in order to ensure that IDP site residents are able to live in dignified conditions.
- Monitor sites to identify needs, gaps in service provision, and duplication of efforts at IDP site.
- Plan, support, and organize social cohesion building activities at IDP sites.
- Support other teams in conducting multi-sectorial assessments of IDP needs.
- Support the CCCM team in organizing capacity building trainings for local authorities and partners.
- Actively participate in development and implementation of protection and gender mainstreaming awareness activities.
- Establish, maintain, and actively utilize networks of key informants at IDP sites.
- Ensure the timely registration of IDPs, including identification of protection related needs.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of service and needs related information for each site.
- Draft weekly situation reports and provide other relevant information on site conditions and services.
- Establish desk help to Provide, document, and track timely referrals and service requests to key partners.
- Technical background in WaSH, shelter, site coordination and management and a University Degree in Engineering or extensive training or experience in WaSH, shelter, site coordination and managementwork and community mobilization.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) and competent in email communication with MS Outlook or Other related software.
- Elementary knowledge on budgeting and accounting.
- Good understanding of common hygiene promotion and sanitation approaches.
- Knowledge and understanding of sphere and Sphere standards.
- Planning and delivering results within the communities of Intervention.
- Empowering and building trust among peers, stakeholders and other NGO Colleagues.
- Communicating with impact and respect confidently.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Excellent Community mobilization skills.
- Good diplomatic skills and tact for community engagement.
- Able to work under pressure and for extended working hours.
- Strong leader and a good team player.
- Civil engineering / construction
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- APrevious experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English.
- 12 Months (Renewable based on funding / Performance)
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Approx 125 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: