Ended WASH Coordinator
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
WASH coordinator Sana’a Program area – 1 position
The WASH coordinator is responsible for the coordination, timely and qualitative implementation of WASH projects in Sana’a governate according to the workplans and budgets and is dedicated to donor and ZOA guidelines of operation during implementation. S/he will plan and coordinate field activities with the ZOA WASH staff, partners and local authorities in order to finalise the projects with the given timeframes. S/he reports monthly to the area manager, with a dotted line to the program managers.
Program implementation and management
- With support from Area manager, develop, implement and report monthly WASH activities according to approved WASH projects. Monitor budget expenditure and ensure proper documentation at each step of the project cycle according to donor and ZOA guidelines.
- Provide timely financial and narrative reports to donors, ensure timely submission of timesheets of WASH staff to Area Manager.
- Coordinate data collection and provide support to MEAL officers/ asistants
- Supervise, mentor and oversee WASH officers & Field Engineers, Project Officers in day to day project implementation. Ensure quality control and implementation according to ZOA and humanitarian quality standards and coordinate with support departments (finance, operations, HR)
- Advice Area Manager and Program Manager on any challenges, delays and way forward
Technical support and coordination WASH activities
- Oversee quality implementation and integration of water, sanitation and hygiene components throughout the project and provide day to day guidance to all WASH staff of the program area.
- Oversee technical quality of the project and support the WASH team in technical design, BoQ, technical drawings, water quality testing and environmental impact assessment
- Ensure stakeholder involvement in needs assessment, design, implementation and reporting. Ensure needs of beneficiaries are respected and humanitarian principles are followed
- Coordinate WASH activities with partner organisations. Ensure quality implementation of projects by partners, guide capacity building, ensure timely reporting and financial accountability
- Support the development and quality implementation of technical and hygiene trainings using interactive training methods, mainstreaming gender and environment and focusing on sustainable service delivery
- Efficiently develop, implement and coordinate emergency projects such as cholera response, among others
Representation, networking and program development
- Support program managers in development of innovative models for WASH programming with linkages to reproductive health, education, child protection, gender-based violence and food security and livelihoods
- Represent ZOA in WASH cluster meetings and other coordination mechanisms
- Liaison with local and national government authorities on WASH related items
- Coordinate field visits of donors and government officials
Skills and competencies
- University degree in civil engineering, water management
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the WASH sector and at least 2 years of experience in coordination or leadership role and experience in leading/ supervising teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project cycle management
- Knowledge and understanding of SPERE standards
- Experience with participatory design of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Autocad
- Experience with design and construction of solar driven water pumping systems
- Experience with water quality testing, treatment and household hygiene promotion
- Strong organisational skills and excellent report writing skills
- Ability to travel to remote locations and willingness to work long hours
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please indicate the position and location the lin the Subject of the email and in the Cover Letter. Not adhering to this will lead automatically to disqualification.
Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 10th of November 2018