Ended Wash Team Leader (2)
Location of position: Al-Turbah, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based, in Al Turbah Town, Taiz, Yemen.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
The Team Leader will coordinate a team of WaSH Officers, in order to set up and implement the WaSH activities in Al Turbah, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
Under the supervision of the WaSH Programme Manager (PM) and the Programme Manager’s Assistant (WaSH PMA) the WaSH Team Leader will lead and supervise implementation of works, respecting deadlines and provide technical assistance and ensure minimum quality requirements are met.
They will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarités International at all times
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her PM/PMA:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her PM/PMA, these can include (but not limited to):
- Assessing, rehabilitating and monitoring the water/sewerage network in a large health facility
- Designing septic tanks and creating BoQs for all materials required for their construction/rehabilitation
- Assessing the condition of solid waste management systems, suggesting improvements and calculating the required materials/designs to implement such improvements.
- Training different groups of people on various aspects of WaSH projects
- Conducting assessments on new locations for potential future projects.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Programme Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Programme Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Programme Manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures and ensure that they are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her PM/PMA
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her PM/PMA
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her Programme Manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: WaSH PMA/PM
Line report(s) on base: All Officers in their team
Functional manager: - WaSH PMA/PM
III. Profile required
- •Strong civil engineering knowledge (particularly in water and sewerage network design/rehabilitation)
- Must have experience of managing a team
- Must have experience of conducting training/capacity building
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be a good team player
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Knowledge of hygiene promotion
- Knowledge of WaSH in health facilities
- The ability to think/analyse a situation critically and be able to come up with possible solutions/improvements
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 13th of November, 2018