Senior HR Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Resource Management (Human Resources)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G6
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018-026
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 19, November 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent will assist in all the required administrative activities in Human Resources and the mission. s/he will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Human Resources Unit daily; Provide advice & guidance to staff on organizational rules & regulations as required; Participate in discussions on new or revised procedures and practices and makes suggestions for a more effective Human resource management.
- Support the HR Officer to review and manage human resources functions in the mission in accordance with organization’s policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist HR Officer to manage national staff monthly Payroll process and aligning to USRR as required; ensuring reconciliation between previous and current month payroll, supporting to ensure that all payroll related activities are carried out in a timely manner.
- Assist the HR Officer oversee all human resources administrative transactions that includes preparation of personnel actions, updating PRISM HR on a regular basis and processing of contracts for all national staff per actions conducted.
- Assist the HR Officer in the preparation and reviews of administrative/human resources reports that may be required from time to time; while ensuring proper coordination and accuracy is attained for each report.
- Ensure the National Staff Contract Renewal process is carried out within the Organization’s Rules Regulations and Procedures, whilst making sure that conversions of contracts and other eligible entitlements are requested and granted where possible, including Danger Pay entitlements as well.
- In coordination with the HR Officer, supervise all HR audit requests by ensuring the availability of all requested information & HR reports/documents as may be required.
- Support the HR Officer in coordinating and carrying out trainings and awareness sessions in the mission, to ensure continuous staff development and growth.
- Supervise the monthly maintenance of all HR matrixes and ensure its accuracy for monthly updates
- Support HR Officer to train, develop and mentor the HR team, keeping in mind job enlargement, job enrichment and succession planning where required.
- Ensure local administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures and reporting any deviations if any to the HR Officer, for corrective measures made as required;
- Any other duties as assigned by HR Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum Six Years (Four Years for Degree Holders) progressive Human Resources Experience in related field; demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources Standards and Practices; preferably within the United Nations or the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory; Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Accountability; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; SAP knowledge is desirable.
English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 19th November, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/026 Sana’a, Senior Human Resources Assistant G6
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 05.Nov.2018 to 19.Nov.2018