Ended Security Assistant
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: : Security Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
Deadline : Nov /12/2018
Mercy Corps has been present in the Middle East since the 1980s and currently has offices in Libya, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Yemen. Mercy Corps opened its office in Yemen in 2010. Currently, Mercy Corps Yemen (MCY) has 3 offices, in Sana’a, Taiz and Aden. From these locations, programs are implemented throughout Sana’a, Al-Mahwit, Taiz, Aden, Abyan and Lahj, Al Marah, Hadramont and Hudaydah Governorates. MCY is currently assisting vulnerable communities with youth training, food security, community rehabilitation, water, sanitation and hygiene as well as livelihoods. programming.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Security Assistant will be responsible to track and monitor movements of program teams. This position works closely with logistics, security departments and programs. The Security Assistant will be familiar with Mercy Corps movement policies and procedures and will ensure ongoing communications with team members accordingly. Movements and check-ins will be recorded on an online data base and any missed check-ins will be followed up by the Security assistant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Be fully familiar with and follow Mercy Corps policies and procedures, including all SOPs and Contingency Plans
• Be flexible and willing to assist others in their work
• Be able to work independently with integrity
• Maintain contact with all Mercy Corps teams and record updates
• Ensure that accurate information is available at any time
• Monitor GPS vehicle tracking where possible
• Keep staff and vehicle information records updated
• Provide clear written and verbal briefings to the management team of relevant information
• Write regular monthly feedback reports for other bases regarding movements
• Assisting research topics and evaluation of information on request
• Assisting with written and verbal translation between English and Arabic as required.
• Any other reasonable duties
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO Safety & Security Coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH Logistics, Security, Head of Office & Program Advisor – High Risk
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate as a minimum
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Strong computer skills, Ms Word and Excel
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with INGOs and or administration type duties in a busy and stressful environment
The Security Assistant is responsible for the tracking and follow up of program team movements. This position requires attention to detail and a high level of focus and self-motivation. Those demonstrating experience and ability to maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive information will be prioritized. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact effectively with national and international staff members and demonstrate ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and provide relevant advice and support in a fluid security environment.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
- Please if you are interesting send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it