Ended MEAL Officer
JOB TITLE: MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) OFFICER
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Taiz, Yemen.
JOB FAMILY: Programme
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with Oxfam staff to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To work with emergency response team for improved Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Taiz Programme, Yemen.
To work with different programme components to ensure Oxfam’s quality programme delivery. To improve Oxfam’s and local partners projects and programme level monitoring and evaluation processes in Taiz. To ensure greater learning, more responsive
programming and greater accountability to beneficiaries, partners, donors, and other stakeholders.
Post holder reports to: Program Manager – Taiz
Matrix management to MEAL Coordinator, Sana’a, Yemen.
Staff reporting to this post: MEAL Assistants/Data Management Assistants
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
- Work pattern is a mixture of proactive and project work.
- Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the abilities of the team.
- Communication largely with internal staff (including internationally) also with some external contacts/target audiences to support operational work.
- Communication with Oxfam’s scale up team in different locations.
- Assist the technical team for quality delivery of the programme, building accountability and documenting learning.
- Develop MEAL framework and MEAL Plan for Taiz Programme projects.
- Ensure quality data collection in the field and data entry in the database.
- Develop the capacity of field officers and partners in MEAL processes.
- Manage and supervise the work Data Management assistance and MEAL assistance to effectively implement activities related to MEAL.
- Work with Early recovery, WASH and EFSL team in Taiz in designing and implementing MEAL framework and tools.
- Lead in the all types of MEAL exercise and supervise data management and analysis.
- Closely work with MEAL Coordinator in designing/ updating the MEAL tools.
- Train technical team staff on MEAL concepts and tools.
- Assist the technical team in strengthening the accountability mechanisms at project level.
- Analyze the data, together with the Data Management and project team, and share them in the required format.
- Guide technical team in documenting lessons learnt.
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. Post distribution monitoring, market price monitoring, complaints/ feedback collection and any other monitoring data required.
- Contribute in timely and quality reporting on EFSL, Early recovery, and WASH activities at Taiz.
- Producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
- Collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Appraising the project activities, progress reports and streamlining the partners’ work and documentation.
- Facilitating capacity building process of the partners on MEAL issues.
- Conduct reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or relevant field(s) from a recognised university.
- At least 5 years experience of work in emergency or development context projects with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills.
- Good knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Knowledge of computerised systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Experience in and the ability to train people.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn.
- Good sense of humour.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: