Ended Senior Project Coordinator
Location: based in NFDHR ‘AlJawf Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: WASH Program Manager
The Job title under his supervision: Programs Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
- Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in partnership with the concerned authorities in the government and local authorities in the governorates, directorates and beneficiary participation.
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant government and local authorities while planning new projects within the program framework, ensuring genuine partnership and integration to respond to the needs of local communities.
- Oversee the implementation of cholera, water and environmental sanitation projects in coordination with the coordinator of the environmental sanitation, water and health programs implemented by the institution and ensure implementation according to the required standards and specifications and according to the timetable according to the plan of each project.
- Oversee the development of the on-the-job training and continuing education program for field coordinators for their projects and employees.
- Supervising the maintenance and archiving of all reports, records, technical documents and special functions of the job.
- Oversee the number of assessments of the situation and studies on water and environmental sanitation in the areas targeted by the institution.
- Participation in the development of policies and objectives for water projects and environmental sanitation.
- Supervise, plan, organize, supervise and monitor all water and environmental sanitation projects and activities carried out by project managers or field coordinators and directly supervise the provision of water and environmental sanitation services in field programs.
- Participate in the development and mobilization of annual resources for water projects and environmental sanitation and discuss with the leadership of the institution and coordination with the supporting parties to finance them.
- Preparation and submission of periodic reports on water projects and environmental sanitation on the number of evaluations of the situation and studies in the areas targeted by the institution in coordination with the quality consultant programs.
- Preparing the materials for awareness in the field of water and environmental sanitation based on the evidence approved by the relevant authorities.
- Preparation issue and send news reports to the media officer on field project activities and field needs reports for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
- Write projects for water and new environmental sanitation under the supervision of the director of relief programs and in cooperation with the leadership of the institution and the officials of the programs and financial management and operations related to the institution after conducting the process of negotiations with donors until the signing of agreements and then manage and supervise the implementation of field and office.
- Representing NFDHR in several meetings and events related to the water sector, environmental sanitation and hygiene. A summary of the results of these meetings was made to the Director of Relief Programs for all the related commitments resulting from these meetings in coordination with the leadership and the founding staff.
- Coordinate with government agencies or international or local organizations working in the same area to ensure that they do not interfere with them and do not affect the implementation and impact assessment of the projects to be implemented by the institution.
- Monitoring and evaluation and ensure the achievement of indicators and results to be reached at all stages of the implementation of projects and work on the numbers of reports and data required in coordination with the follow-up and evaluation officer relief programs and the consultant of quality programs.
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position