Ended PHE Assistant (3)
Location: based in NFDHR ‘AlJawf Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: Senior Project Coordinator
The Job title under his supervision: WASH Program Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
- To supervise construction of water supply and sanitation facilities in Sa’ada and any other site for which the foundation will make interventions in the area of water supply and sanitation services. The provided designs and action plans should be the basis for all construction works.
- Assist the Public Health Engineering team in planning and executing water & sanitation and construction components in the Humanitarian Programme in the following:
- Construction and/or rehabilitation of existing water distribution network in urban and rural environments in Sa’ada governorate.
- Construction/Rehabilitation of communal and family latrines for both IDP and host communities in the operational area within Sa’ada governorate
- Supervision of construction of instutional (school and health facilities) latrines.
- Supervise implementation of solid waste management programme in the urban and rural in intervention areas.
- Liaise closely with the Public Health Promotion Teams throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the Public Health Engineering Programme. Hygiene promotion is a vital element of such public health engineering programmes
- To prepare progress and situational reports and submit the same to the PHE Officer within agreed intervals. Details of the reports should conform to the agreed format.
- To ensure that all programmes take gender issues fully into account. This includes the introduction of mechanisms to enable women to participate in decision-making around public health engineering issues.
- To ensure effective team spirit and working relations among staff in Sa’ada.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- 3 years’ practical experience working in Water and Sanitation in emergency relief programs. Should have a good understanding of work in PH in emergencies and developments.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking assessments and analyzing the results.
- Knowledge of AUTO CAD programme and water maps designing
- Ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Experience of undertaking training sessions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in Humanitarian work.
- Proficiency in written, spoken Arabic and English is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations, in a leadership role