Ended Mechanical Engineer
Location: based in NFDHR ‘AlJawf Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: Senior Project Coordinator
The Job title under his supervision: WASH Program Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs of water pumping systems, Diesel generators, water pumps, step-up & step down transformers, solar panels & solar pumping systems.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Planning and designing new production processes
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- Monitoring and commissioning systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Power Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a Mechanical/Power Engineer
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time-management sills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position