Information Management Data Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT DATA ASSISTANT
- Job Posting: 16/Jun/2021
- Closure Date: 01/Jul/2021, 12:59:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FNYAR
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
- Duration: 6 months
- Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at the country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision by the GIS/Information Management Specialist, and in close cooperation with the Research and Data Analyst Officer, the Data Assistant is responsible for overseeing beneficiary registration, timely beneficiary data cleaning as well as providing regular updates on the overall beneficiary registration processes.
Information Management, Accountability and Learning.
Tasks and responsibilities
Perform all steps involved in Beneficiary data cleaning;
- Follow up and finalization of the beneficiary registration
- Initiate the data cleaning and data validation processes
- Compare Beneficiary registration with Beneficiary Selection Criteria to identify missing information
- Compare Beneficiary registration with Beneficiary database to identify duplications
- Contact IPs for data corrections and/or replacements
- Liaise with M&E through the beneficiary verification procedures
- Complete and share the final Beneficiary data for creation of the Distribution List
- Archiving of Beneficiary dataset as well as documents provided during the beneficiary registration and data cleaning cycle
- Prepare summary report of the data cleaning by project
- Update the weekly Data Cleaning Tracker;
- Update the KOBO database with new Beneficiary data;
- Support the trainings of enumerators before deployment to the field for data collection;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Research and Data Analyst Officer;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Updated database of beneficiary data
- Summary report of data cleaning by project
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in Database, Statistics, Agriculture, Economics or related fields
- Experience in field assessments, assessments over phone and reporting.
- Two Years’ experience in cleaning data and providing summary report is desirable.
- Experience with an UN agency, international NGO or donor agencies highly desirable.
- Experience in using Kobo and/or other mobile data collection tools is highly desirable.
- Good command in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Email/Internet, PowerPoint, is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل