Ended OT Nurse Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
OT NURSE SUPERVISOR
Location: Aden Project
Contract duration: Six months renewable starting as soon as possible
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Head Nurse
Key of responsibilities:
- Reporting to, communicating and collaborating with the Hospital Head Nurse in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the OT activities, according to the protocols outlined for theatre procedures. Working together with all surgical team to achieve quality of care for patients and assisting in theatre and sterilization, if necessary. Maintaining patient’s confidentiality and dignity at all times and respecting the patient’s rights and conditions.
- Maintaining the organization of the operation theater (OT) which includes defining the daily and weekly programs in collaboration with the surgeons and anesthetists, anticipating the needs and adapting the planning as required. Planning and delegating the tasks to his/her team members, ensuring that the tasks are accomplished and checking that staff are respecting their work schedule. Coordinating with all departments involved with OT activities (laundry, stretcher bearers, surgical wards, ICU, ER, etc.) to ensure quality and quantity of supply and timing.
- Ensuring the general organization of the department, checking that care protocols and rules on security, hygiene and sepsis are followed by the health care and maintenance personnel and monitoring the quality of the global patient case management and the continuity of care. Participating in appropriate meetings (morning meetings, supervisors meetings,…) in order to know the patients and follow the department’s activity. Encouraging daily health education sessions within the unit.
- Supervising and supporting the team under his/her responsibility e.g. OT nurses. OT nurse aids, sterilization technicians and cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc.) and coaching them in their work with special focus on following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Ensuring the quality of care by respecting and ensuring respect of MSF OT procedures and proposing action plans to ensure the quality of hygiene, sterilization and respect of procedures. Evaluating the implementation of OT procedures by doing regular assessments and informing the Hospital Head Nurse of the assessment results and of any problems.
- Ensuring that staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Managing the department’s stock and weekly orders (pharmacy, sterilization room and cleaners’ items, stationary). Ensuring the follow up of the consumption of drugs, consumables and other medical material and equipment under his/her responsibility and ensuring that OT registers are well fulfilled and kept.
- In close collaboration with the HR department, supervising the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department. Participating in the collection and analysis of medical data, identifying areas causing problems and implementing the necessary measures for the improvement of the service’s functioning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Essential Nurse Diploma
- Essential minimum 2 years’ experience as OT nurse. Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- English working language and Arabic language essential.
- Computer literacy
- People Management and Development
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France
Please send your application to email@example.com or bring it at the MSF Hospital in Aden
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “OT Nurse Supervisor – Aden”)
Deadline for application: 12th November 2018 – 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.