Ended Orthopaedic Surgeon
Position status: Full-time, short-term contract
Location: Al Qaeda only
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out orthopaedist medical activities according to MSF policies, protocols and Universal Precautions in close collaboration with the rest of the medical staff.
- Perform out-patient consultation of orthopaedic cases, provide diagnosis and advise/prescribe rational treatment according to MSF protocols with respect of confidentiality.
- Be available to provide expert orthopaedic surgical support to the general practitioner doctor in management of new cases/triaged cases in the emergency room.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident & emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.)
- Operate on orthopaedic cases as required, with a view of carrying out external fixations, bone-grafts, related orthopaedic procedures and optimal management of complicated cases. Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT materials and equipment
- Carry out follow-up of orthopaedic in-patients and outpatients as required.
- Adhere to MSF guidelines for safe orthopaedic management of cases.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking
- Clinical Master in orthopaedic surgery and Medical licence is essential.
- Consultant or Board Certified orthopedic surgeon and at least 2 years post specialist experience.
- Ability to make accurate clinical observations, support and advice.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives.
- High motivation, flexibility, and team collaboration.
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic + Good English.
- Robust orthopaedic surgical experience in management of both simple and complicated orthopaedic cases will be an added advantage. War surgical experience an asset.
- Willing to perform day/night and on-call duties as required by the project.
All interested applicants should submit an English CV, Copy of ID, diploma and other supporting documents
Subject: “2018_20_11 Orthopaedic Surgeon - AlQaeda”
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM, 10th of November 2018
Any application not respecting the instruction will not be considered!
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!