Project Operations Manager
FSC #: IHAY/2018/01100
Length of Time: 7 Months
Location: Al Mokha
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 is currently processing registration with Ministry of Partnership and International Cooperation (MOPIC) with the aim of meaningfully contributing to the humanitarian assistance effort in Yemen through its Crisis Response Unit. FHI 360 intends to provide humanitarian assistance to crisis-affected population in governorates in the areas of primary health care; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and nutrition.
The Project Operations Manager will oversee the program operations of FHI 360’s office in Al Mokha. This position will work closely with the country office to oversee financial, administrative, logistical efficiency, and program compliance at the field level. The Project Operations Manager serves as a liaison between field staff and the Country Office to maintain the smooth operations of the field office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- With oversight by the Operations Coordinator, manages and guides the day-to-day activities of the program activities with an emphasis on facilities and overall administrative program operations.
- Ensures all operations, administrative, security and contractual activities and expenditures are consistent with the program’s work plan and budget.
- Oversees finance, program, security and administrative staff at the field office.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with organization and/or OFDA policies and regulations for procurement, completion of contractual deliverables and other areas; monitor concerns and address field staff questions; advise and take corrective action.
- Ensure that all deliverables for the program are tracked, monitored, and delivered; includes developing and managing an appropriate tracking mechanism.
- Coordinate and monitor program activities with respective project staff and field staff, to perform the necessary field office procedures, office operations and activities.
- Responsible for the development/refinement of program operations at the field level, to ensure strict internal controls, by tracking all administrative, security and program obligations. Includes working with both Country Office and field office staff in monitoring work plans and budgets.
- Manages the program’s filing system for all contracts and agreements, and other documentation, materials and deliverables.
- Serves as Security Focal Point for the field office and field sites.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Plans and coordinates business operations or administrative and support services
- Oversee administrative activities related to fiscal management, human resources, logistics and other administrative activities.
- May serve as a specialist responsible for gathering facts, analyzing findings, reaching logical conclusions, recommending solutions and coordinating projects.
- Maintains frequent contact with management and staff at the country office to plan and/or coordinate activities and to serve as a resource regarding administrative policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates project and personnel management skills.
- Influences, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a programmatic environment with areas such as health, WASH and nutrition, or other relevant humanitarian sectors.
- Effective problem-solving skills and conflict management capacity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective writing, editorial, and communication skills.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in Arabic and excellent in English language (both spoken & written).
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
- FHI 360 will not provide any relocation allowances.
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION by November 21, 2018 (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please)