Ended Activity Coordinator
Project Manager, Protection Coordinator and the Head of the Mission
Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts/Ibb governorate
20 November 2018 till 31 March 2019
Full time Staff
Senior Social Worker, Social workers, Lawyers and Community Outreach volunteers (COVs)
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Provision of emergency primary/secondary health services through support of 4 existing health facilities, 2 referral hospitals and integrated nutrition and protection services supported by a network of community volunteers in Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts, Ibb Governorate.
The project aims to contribute to reducing morbidity and mortality of most vulnerable conflict-affected populations in Ibb through the provision of life saving emergency health and nutrition services, integrated with protection assistance for children at risk.
Activity Coordinator is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs, family resiliency support services with focus on children and women.
- Supervision of case management activities, monitored by the Senior Social worker. Ensure quality assistance and collect information in order to report on trends and changes in protection concerns
- Monitor internal and external referral mechanisms, including links with other stakeholders in the area
- Monitor family resilience cases and social reporting (i.e. interview forms, comprehensive case management form and database), including the safe and confidential data management
- Assist the Protection team in supporting the Outreach Volunteers and Community-Based Protection Networks (CBPNs) in capacity building
- Ensure the smooth relay of information to and from the CBPNs for referral of cases and information on the protection issues of the community
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, CP and GBV on behalf of INTERSOS
- Provide input in external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised to the Project Manager
- Ensure regular internal meetings with all program staff to listen to staff feedback and inform them of ongoing activities or changes
- Assist on the hiring of all staff, collaborating with the Project Manager, HR and Protection coordinator, and participating in interviews
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring that all details are sent to the administration in Aden before contracts are signed and staff begin work.
- Train staff on INTERSOS procedures and their role within the organization so they are clear on their role and responsibility.
- Provide weekly cash requests according to the PN to the Project Manager on Thursdays
- Take responsibility for the spending of cash and the closure of pending items
- Take responsibility for the running of the program and the procurement of all small items, such as refreshments for awareness in collaboration with the Project Manager
- If needed, assist in the search for suitable buildings for office or warehouses.
- Collate and managed databases professionally: data collection, insertion, data processing and analysis;
- Prepare/update monthly overview of cases (gender, age, typology, referral, follow-up and cash assistance info to be included) using Global data -collecting system and internal database for PwSN and ensure a regular analysis of this data;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on activities conducted in base, removing all names to ensure confidentiality. This should include details of actions taken by INTERSOS staff and male/female etc. breakdown of beneficiaries for all activities.
- Maintain a database of beneficiaries in a confidential way.
- Provide bi-annual trend analysis for WAR, CP and PwSNs.
- On an informal basis, report to the Project Manager on trends established and protection concerns raised.
- Hold an BA in social services.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in Yemen on protection related issues, in particular case management for WAR, CP and/or PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in coordination, team management, supervision of team and motivation of team
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 November 2018
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation- and one is the direct supervisor in the meantime)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!