Ended Reporting Officer - Protection
Reporting Officer - Protection
Project Manager, Protection Coordinator and the Head of the Mission
Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts/Ibb governorate
20 November 2018 till 31 March 2019
Full time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Provision of emergency primary/secondary health services through support of 4 existing health facilities, 2 referral hospitals and integrated nutrition and protection services supported by a network of community volunteers in Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts, Ibb Governorate.
The project aims to contribute to reducing morbidity and mortality of most vulnerable conflict-affected populations in Ibb through the provision of life saving emergency health and nutrition services, integrated with protection assistance for children at risk.
The Reporting Officer is responsible for the drafting regular and ad hoc reports, including accurate data analysis and identification of trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and check weekly reports from Activity Coordinators; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Produce Monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the Project Manager;
- Ensure Activity Info (Protection Cluster indicator monitoring platform) is updated on a monthly basis and within the deadline.
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;
- Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools upon request of: donor, clusters, working groups;
- Fill online surveys, upon request of the Project Manager;
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the PM any particular trend or protection risk identified;
- Support the data-entry officers from all bases in ensuring all databases are updated and clean, while sensitive data is adequately protected;
- Hold a BA;
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in similar positions;
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic protection principles and confidentiality;
- Familiarity with smart data collection and KoBo/ODK tools;
- Excellent writing and computer skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate with other team members;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines;
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 November 2018
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation- and one is the direct supervisor in the meantime)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!