Ended Senior Social Worker
Senior Social Worker
Project Manager, Protection Coordinator and the Head of the Mission
Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts/Ibb governorate
20 November 2018 till 31 March 2019
Full time Staff
Social workers, lawyers and Community Outreach volunteers (COVs)
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Provision of emergency primary/secondary health services through support of 4 existing health facilities, 2 referral hospitals and integrated nutrition and protection services supported by a network of community volunteers in Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts, Ibb Governorate.
The project aims to contribute to reducing morbidity and mortality of most vulnerable conflict-affected populations in Ibb through the provision of life saving emergency health and nutrition services, integrated with protection assistance for children at risk.
The Senior Social Worker will work closely with AC, SWs, lawyers and Volunteers to ensure that all protection activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency. Activities that include the efficient and correct implementation of case management activities for Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN), Child Protection (CP) cases and most vulnerable women (WAR).
The Senior Social Worker has to facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, SWs, Legal counsellors and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the partnership. Senior Social Worker should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. They are responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of vulnerable women and children cases and PwSN cases by the social workers
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management (CM) for persons of concern (PoC) in the intervention location in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Support and manage the protection team in their daily activities; provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitoring of the progress of the protection project activities.
- Supervise the correct documentation and compilation of CM forms in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Ensure that all urgent cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- In collaboration with the line manager, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Hold regular caseworker mentoring and couching sessions based on identified needs and gaps.
- Organize CM meetings with service providers when needed.
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers in the target areas for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Proactively participate in protection and relevant INTERSOS coordination meeting at the national, regional and district level.
- Provide written feedback about protection incidents and issues
Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure that all cases are filed and that information is reported in detail about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Ensure all data is systematically completion and archiving and take regular samples of intake and assessment forms checking on the quality of the case management records
- Ensure accurate quality reporting on the activities reported, in close collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, to prepare weekly and monthly reporting to be prepared.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with the colleagues to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, share challenges and best practices.
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings
- Develop/ revise training tools for case management
- Organize and lead training in case management and follow up of the training sessions
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for WAR, CP and PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 November 2018
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation- and one is the direct supervisor in the meantime)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!