Ended Social Worker
Senior Social Worker and Activity Coordinator
Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts/Ibb governorate
20 November 2018 till 31 March 2019
Full time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Provision of emergency primary/secondary health services through support of 4 existing health facilities, 2 referral hospitals and integrated nutrition and protection services supported by a network of community volunteers in Far Al-Udayn and Hazm Al-Udayn Districts, Ibb Governorate.
The project aims to contribute to reducing morbidity and mortality of most vulnerable conflict-affected populations in Ibb through the provision of life saving emergency health and nutrition services, integrated with protection assistance for children at risk.
The Social Worker is responsible for the efficient and correct implementation of case management activities for Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN), Child Protection (CP) cases and most vulnerable women (WAR). They should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. They are responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified internally or self-referral or referral by other actors, and assess their needs.
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases.
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, psychological support or other services provided by INTERSOS when needed.
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.
- Ensure to keep complete and well organized records.
- Support the field coordinator, Senior social workers, community outreach volunteers and lawyers in organizing awareness sessions.
- Support the Activity Coordinator in links with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referrals
- Provide daily updates to the Senior Social Worker about new cases assessed
- File and report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Assist the Senior Social Worker in providing reports to the Activity Coordinator of case management activities on a weekly basis
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences
- Participates in daily staff meetings
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings led by Senior social worker.
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 1 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for WAR, CP and PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 November 2018
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation- and one is the direct supervisor in the meantime)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!