Ended Finance Assistant
Location: Hajjah Governorate
Responsible to: Finance Officer – Main office
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2017 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
To work and assist the finance officer to develop Human Appeal’s Finance operations, systems, and dynamics ensuring that the systems meet the statutory, standards and legal requirements.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count in the sub-office
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers.
- Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
- ensures all policies and procedures of Human Appeal are followed at the highest standards.
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance officer and Finance Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Include but not limited to; Financial recording, reconciliations and Internal Controls
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Screening and Vetting processes and procedures are in place for the assessment of partners, agents, contractors, suppliers, staff and beneficiaries of (cash based programmes
- There are contracts / agreements in place for significant grants
- Handing the cheques to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Submit all financial records to country office before the 5ht of the following month
- Entering the new project's budget into the Accounting System Quick Books
- Recording journal entry and receipt voucher for the received transfer
- Achieving the different financial documents (like general journals, payment vouchers, and financial transfers) in a systematic way and maintaining the general appearance of the department.
- Assisting the finance Officer in the preparation of the monthly request forms for the projects after preparing a financial report for each to be entered to the system before 5th of each month.
- Assisting the finance officer in the preparation of the monthly report.
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly financial reports.
- Issuing payment vouchers and cheques\transfers to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Sending the financial transfers to the authorized persons to be signed.
- Communicating the bank for any inquiries or troubles
- Following up the receipt of the transfers in our bank account.
- Receiving the deposit slips from the banks to be archived in the suitable folders.
- Sending the financial transfers and any other financial correspondences to the banks.
- Reviewing the petty cash payment requests received from the other departments.
- Issuing petty cash vouchers and get the finance officer approval.
- Preparing the petty cash replenishment request and receiving the amount from the bank.
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian field.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English and Arabic.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Hajjah, 80% in the office and 20% in the field.
Please send your CV and a Cover letter and References to email@example.com
Clearly mention the Position Title you are applying for in the Email subject (Finance Assistant –Hajjah) and any application that is not titled as mentioned will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13/ 11/2018