Ended Human Resources Manager
TITLE: Human Resources Manager
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. More information can be found at http://www.handicap-international.org
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of HR Coordinator, the Human Resources Manager is ensuring that all the Human Resources processes, policies and deadlines are handled according to Handicap International standards and Yemeni legal context, handling the relationship with Yemen administrative bodies and guarantying the confidentiality of all HR data and information.
Line manager: HR Coordinator
Line manager+1: Head of Mission
Technical link: HR Coordinator
Team Managed: HR Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Administrative and legal framework
- Apply working conditions on the basis of the HI Guidelines and local legislation; internal staff regulations, health policy, training policy and other applicable policies.
- Provide support in updating the classification and job descriptions and the management manual.
- Supervise the registration of employees at the Social Security & Tax Office & related payments.
- Ensure salary administration and the final issue of payment slips with Payroll Database.
- Ensure all staff has the appropriate contract and that individual records are regularly updated at all times.
- Transmit to the operational manager all relevant information on the essential elements for the proper functioning of the operative HR framework, court cases and up-to-date statistics on overall HR in the mission(i.e., recruitment, offshoring, performance appraisal)..
- Supervise all delocalized staff travel from / to other missions / projects / headquarters and all related formalities (briefing, visa, accommodation, trial period, extension of mission, early return, etc.)
- Ensure adequate accommodation, maintenance and related services for international and off-site staff.
- Guarantee workplace safety by ensuring rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure that all key HR documents are available, translated and understood by staff at all levels.
Recruitment and Introduction of new staff
- Guarantee the quality of the recruitment process in collaboration with the HR Coordinator.
- Support Base administrators in the implementation of the recruitment process at local level
- In coordination with Log , ensure that all material, devices or equipment needed to perform the position will be on time for the arrival of the new employee (computer, desk, stationaries, etc)
- Make sure that all employees on the mission receive an adequate administrative/HR briefing, are aware of their rights and duties towards HI, have read and understood all internal policies and regulations.
Human Resource Management
- Is aware of ongoing training and changing positions of individuals.
- Provide briefings on staff regulations to international and international staff.
- Propose improvements in HRM such as strengthening of responsibilities and mixed teams.
- Engage in various social activities with international and national staff.
- Guaranty a quality appraisal is in place and well understood by all staff in the project.
- Make sure all staff under his line management raised in competences and capacities
- Follow up and ensure a quality and transparent on disciplinary procedures are in place in the mission in coordination with HR Co
- Follow conflict management and dismissal procedures including documentation.
- Conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons for the employee's resignation and prepares notices of cessation of work.
Expatriate staff management
- Keep visas/residency follow up tool updated
- Keep, follow up and update expatriate files for expats based in Sana’a
- Update the international staff movement tool
- Update the International Staff leave follow up tool
- Take an active part in meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that candidates are registered and that applications receive adequate follow-up at the coordination and headquarters level.
- Ensure the communication of all relevant training issues at the coordination level.
- Participate in regular meetings of staff delegates.
- Regularly provide staff with all HR related information.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Information being accessed by the HR Manager due to his/her position within the organization is strictly confidential. Any breach of confidentiality will be considered a gross misconduct.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma Business Administration minimum (a degree in Human Resources is an added advantage)
- minimum 3+ years of previous experience in a senior human resources role preferably in the INGO sector
- Experience managing recruitment at a senior level
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR.
- Experience working with and/or in the Middle East region highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken. French is a plus
- Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Superior problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to earn trust and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive matters
- High level of energy and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and be highly proactive around all functions of human resources
- Expert MS Office and Google software skills, experience with applicant HR management software, and strong technical/computer skills
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, composure and flexibility
- Ability to travel within the Middle East region and at times internationally
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Sana’a, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2018/PROG/HRM/SANAA + Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 011:30 pm on Wednesday 21st November 2018
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.